• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Ori1000

Hi
I recently bought a EBMM Music Silhouette 2012 according to the dealer, the guitar was made special, notes from the dealer

“The dealer I purchased this special guitar from notes that it is was made for legendary guitarist Johnny Hiland and includes Hiland’s custom wound “Six Shooter Single” pickups.”

When checking the Serial it shows the following:

Serial # G62754
Manufactured February 23rd, 2012
Build Code 520-71-10-03-CS-CR
Model Silhouette HSH Tremolo
Color Vintage Sunburst
Neck Maple Neck Maple Fretboard
Hardware Chrome Hardware

A leading question is whether the modifications to the pickups were made by the factory? if so why the info is not showing on the serial?
Is there a way to track these details.

P.S the guitar is on the way haven’t got it yet

Thanks!

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
Hi there and welcome to the forum! I can't tell you if it was made for Johnny Allen or not, but all regular production Silhouettes are HSH. I seem to recall from somewhere that Johnny Hiland has pickups installed after he got the guitars, not by EBMM, which would explain why the database says HSH.

Ori1000

Hi there and welcome to the forum! I can't tell you if it was made for Johnny Allen or not, but all regular production Silhouettes are HSH. I seem to recall from somewhere that Johnny Hiland has pickups installed after he got the guitars, not by EBMM, which would explain why the database says HSH.
Thanks for your reply.
Not sure whether the guitar was ever handed to Johnny Hiland as it is in mint condition and never played, then I guess it will remain as a mystery as I am not sure who actually installed these pickups:)

GWDavis28

Johnny was playing the Silo for a while and then he fell in love with the old Axis Sports from what I can remember. But DrKev, I remember it the way your remembering it as well.

Congrats on the guitar, post a NGD when it comes in!!!!!

Glenn |B)

Ori1000

Thanks folks for your replies.
I am looking forward to get the guitar and hopping that it sounds as I am expecting it to sound with these Six shooter single pickups

beej

I would say it's highly unlikely that aftermarket pickups were installed at the factory for Johnny. That probably happened elsewhere.

Top Bottom