• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Lee274

So whilst I'm hoping to get my hands on a JP6 Piezo soon I've been chatting to a friend who says he think they are the best Piezo equipped electric on the market ever.

Bold statement to make, but worthy IMO.

What do you guys think? I know you are a bit biast:)😀

Lee

cbc83

It's hard to say, since there aren't that many piezo equipped electrics out there. I played a 1996 Parker Fly Deluxe for 15 years or so that had a Fishman piezo system, and I'd say the piezos on my JP6 and JPXI sounds a bit better, but IMO, the sound of piezos are stupendously dependent on what you send the signal to, and I've changed gear a few times since switching to EBMMs.

Piezos won't sound anything like an acoustic through a standard amplifier (though the blended sounds are cool for cleans), but I'm pretty happy with the sound using an IR made from a Gibson J45 acoustic on my Line6 HX Stomp.

xjbebop

The Music Man piezo system is one of the better ones I've heard, and it's available on a number of different models, not just the JP / Majesty...

johnnyboogie

Without having heard all the piezo-equipped guitars on the planter I'd say the EBMM piezo-equiped guitars are EASILY the best.

Check how JP uses the piezo and where he sends the signal to get the optimal quality. Plugging it into a high quality amp won't necessarily give you the best result possible.

Bill S

So where DOES JP send his piezo signal? Genuinely interested, sounds amazing. And can anyone get an approximation to that via amp sims?

johnnyboogie

So where DOES JP send his piezo signal? Genuinely interested, sounds amazing. And can anyone get an approximation to that via amp sims?

Straight to the console and then the PA. You cam get a very defent sound via a variety of means but JP gets pretty much the optimal result.

PeteDuBaldo

cbc83

I saw a rig rundown from 2019. In that video, he used a TC Electronics BodyRez pedal, but that was it - piezo -> pedal -> board

QuantumFactor

There are a few older J Custom’s with piezo, but your options are limited. I would still say JP’s stuff are the best options.

Spudmurphy

I used to have a JP6 with Piezo . I still have an Albert with Piezo.
On both guitars I sent the pickups to my tube amp and my piezo to an AER (linked to the PA).

The piezo on both guitars were very good.

I remember back in 2005 when I first heard the Albert piezo through an AER .... I just had to have one, and as I say, still have the Albert and AER. Awesome!

Top Bottom