• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

mynan

I know that NAMM is primarily for showing off new stuff, but I just saw the MM Instagram pics from their booth and....no Sterlings that I could see.

That and the fact that the MM website has only had pics of two discontinued colors for quite a while has me wondering.:unsure:

WhtMtnGrv

From what I've been advised by EBMM Customer Service, they have no plans for the foreseeable future to publicly/officially release new Sterling models. However, you could email them to see if they have production capacity to take an order for a new Sterling in one of the new colors.

mynan

From what I've been advised by EBMM Customer Service, they have no plans for the foreseeable future to publicly/officially release new Sterling models. However, you could email them to see if they have production capacity to take an order for a new Sterling in one of the new colors.
That's interesting.:cry:

pohimaw991

what?!?!!? can u pls share more details? who what where?
I've been freaking waiting for a year for them to announce the new sterling basses for 2023.. if i find out if was all a waste of time :mad:o_O:eek:

when the NAMM 2023 happened, i saw in 2 videos on youtube with the representative being interviewed, where he said that they will announce new Sterling basses towards the end of the year.. September+

Rod Trussbroken

I've been freaking waiting for a year for them to announce the new sterling basses for 2023.. if i find out if was all a waste of time :mad:o_O:eek:

when the NAMM 2023 happened, i saw in 2 videos on youtube with the representative being interviewed, where he said that they will announce new Sterling basses towards the end of the year.. September+

That announcement is from Sterling By Music Man and not Ernie Ball Music Man.

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
yes but this thread is about Sterling basses, not ebmm
No, it’s not. It does get confusing though. This thread is about the EBMM Sterling model bass.

pohimaw991

Thanks for clearing things up! I didnt know there was a model called "sterling".. he just called everything with his name :ROFLMAO:

Golem

Thanks for clearing things up! I didnt know there was a model called "sterling".. he just called everything with his name :ROFLMAO:
A possibly ideal outcome could be EBMM abandoning the "Sterling" model name and continuing the same design under a new model name that cannot be confused with the SBMM product line.

Acoarst model names in the used bass market would remain a confusing mess regardless.

WhtMtnGrv

So I thought I responded to this, my apologies for almost a year delay. Try shooting them an email. I was able to place a one off order for a Sterling in Pacific Blue Burst, and have another Sterling in Raspberry Burst that should be shipping in a couple weeks. Their availability to take one offs may be dependent on their production capacity, so I don’t think it’s guaranteed.

But worst they can do is say no!

Top Bottom