• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Morrow

Hi Jongitarz.... last night I was telling my wife about this site and saying that there was a good chance that the guy who set up my Stingray was a frequent poster. The serial # is E15051 and it is one gorgeous honeyburst/rosewood with a white guard. I love it just the way it came. Did you by any chance do that one? (The setup was perfect right out of the case.)....just curious -Morrow

bovinehost

Administrator
Well, I'm not Juan Guitarrez nor do I play him on TV, but he USUALLY only does setups on artist guitars/basses.

And by 'artist', of course, I really mean "famous asshats".

bassmonkeee

bovinehost said:
Well, I'm not Juan Guitarrez nor do I play him on TV, but he USUALLY only does setups on artist guitars/basses.

And by 'artist', of course, I really mean "famous asshats".

Don't forget problematic unfamous asshats like myself! :D

jongitarz

Jack and Jason are right. The only way I will set up an instrument, is if you are a famous asshat or if your instrument was in for repairs(regular asshat) I am glad you like your bass, and I will pass the thanks on to the setup dept. Enjoy it!!

Morrow

nope- just a regular asshat, no big deal. I will repeat the setup right out of the case was perfect though.I can't see any need to send it off for repair?setup - she's a beaut. I got her about three and a half years ago.Thankyou

JB1

FWIW, and to heap more credit on you guys, I have a '97 & a 2000. Never had to do a damned thing to either. Perfect set-up all the way.

Moondog

I knew it! When you send "regular asshat" basses back for repair,
they get the "famous asshat" treatment.

I sent my Sterling to EB shortly after I purchased it for some minor
fretwork and it was returned promptly with incredible results - like
a different bass. It was set-up pefectly, smooth as glass, & sprinkled
with some magic dust b/c it remains my favorite bass for 7 years.

Top Bottom