• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

johnnyboogie

Has there been any word or has anyone heard about EBMM discontinuing any of the particular models any time soon?

I'm quite certain that the JP15 and JPXVI are 'safe' for the time being, mainly because the JP15 sells like crazy and the JPXVI is a brand new model.

Thanks a lot for your time guys & gals =D

Warg Master

Considering they still sell the JP6 after 17 years, I'm sure they will be fine. It's almost like these are a snapshot in time of JPs taste in specs, minus the pickups.

johnnyboogie

Considering they still sell the JP6 after 17 years, I'm sure they will be fine. It's almost like these are a snapshot in time of JPs taste in specs, minus the pickups.

Good aspect!! =D

If only the (JP)X-onwards-Design were to be re-designed as a through-neck/angled headstock...

Dan.Raw

Not sure i would like the angled headstock. They say it helps with tuning stability, but I have never ever had a problem with my JP13. A straight headstock looks better IMO. But that’s just my opinion. But it would be amazing to have those models with a neck-thru design. Just imagine...

johnnyboogie

Not sure i would like the angled headstock. They say it helps with tuning stability, but I have never ever had a problem with my JP13. A straight headstock looks better IMO. But that’s just my opinion. But it would be amazing to have those models with a neck-thru design. Just imagine...

All models except the JPXI and the JP15 were discontinued after all.

The real problem, for me at least, is that EBMM does not offer any finishes for the JPXI apart from the Onyx. The Barolo, Cherry Sugar, Platinum Silver were all amazing finishes that could had been passed on to the JPXI.

bearreport

It is a shame. I played a JP13-7 in Platinum Silver with an all rosewood neck a few years back and not buying it is the biggest regret of my guitar buying life. But there's always the next one.

Top Bottom