• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

bearreport

It seems like every few days I discover some limited edition finish on a JP or Majesty I previously never saw - I recently saw pictures of a JPX with a turquoise sparkle finish and a roasted maple neck for example. Absolutely spectacular stuff.

Is there a list anywhere breaking down all the different finishes and editions of JPs and Majesties that have left the factory over the years? We are a long way away from red pearl burst without a matching headstock!

johnnyboogie

You can see the BFR releases on the EBMM website. The previous PDN releseases unfortunately no. Same applies to the discontinued colours. The Turquoise JPXI you mentioned is probably an artist's request. I don't recall a Turquoise limited edition JPXI.

jmmp

That JPX was a guitar center limited edition IIRC. Also, GC had a run of signed Bahama Blue (not burst) JP6 BFRs in the early 2010s.

bearreport

Thanks. Maybe if anybody remembers any particularly interesting PDNs/weird JPs and Majesties that have made it out there I'd love to hear about them to keep them on my radar. I'm getting a little tired of my Majesty and my JP150 eating batteries and I'm thinking a JP6 or BFR without the preamp might be up my alley.

johnnyboogie

You can always keep an eye on Reverb. Keywords "Ernie Ball Music Man John Petrucci" yields the results. My favourite limited edition is a Japan Only JP15 with Buckeye Burl Maple Top and matte black hardware. Wish they'll do it again for the rest of the globe. I'm pretty sure there's a thread here listing all the JP6/JP7 finishes once available. Somewhere... =D

bearreport

DLbAyfOVYAA8tEU.jpg

Oh man... that's unreal.

This, the blood orange spalted maple and the new BFR purple sunset spalted maple are some of the prettiest JPs ever made. Ernie Ball knocking it out of the park lately.

RAIN27

Here’s my JP12 Bahama Burst

Attachments

• AC7E91C2-584B-4913-9B98-FACA8B5F6D16.jpeg
    AC7E91C2-584B-4913-9B98-FACA8B5F6D16.jpeg
    30.7 KB · Views: 175
Top Bottom