• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Kryho

Hello all,
I've bought this beautiful guitar second hand, it's 2011 and lefty. The problem is that, as I've heard, this guitar and its tremolo keeps in tune perfectly or almost, mine goes out of tune. Put new elixirs, first I thought I should give it a little while but nothing's changed. Goes out of tune a lot, when push\pull trem arm there's some high pitch noises like scratching metal. Probably the knives are dull because of irresponsible height tuning without loosening the strings by previous owner. Is there something I can do, or where can I get a new trem unit?
Thanks a lot for help! :(

tbonesullivan

Have you checked the knife edges? Do you know how much it was used before? Have you pulled the back plate to see if there is anything obstructing the movement of the bridge block?

Kryho

I've written in my post about the knives - that's what I suspect. I don't know how much it was used, but I think it doesn't matter how much - it's supposed to live ages provide that it is used properly and not turning the knives on full tention. Yes, I opened the back and all seems on place, no animals inside ;)

Etudica

If you are going to replace the block you might as well replace the posts. I've had a defective post with some gouges cause damage to the knife edges on one of mine in the past. Just normal use over a year or so without touching the height adjustments caused the same issue.

johnnyboogie

The only one who can provide you with a new bridge is EBMM. They will also require that you send then the old one back. Contact them, they will sort you out.

Kryho

ok, I'm in contact now with them, sent them a pics of knives and I hope the problem to be solved soon! Thanks for help! :)

Top Bottom