• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Håkon

Hello!

I have a 04 music man jp6 piezo with bad connection In the stereo output. I red some posts and understand this is a common problem(?) Guess the output is so worn from use/twists that this resaults in bad connection(?)

I tried calling the big music dealers here In Norway, But can’t Get a clear awnser to where i can get tecnical drawings and where i turn to order new parts. Also tried e-mailing ebmm costumer service without getting a reply..

After What i red i need to replace the whole module with the outputs, and maybe the piezo sadles(?)

Have checked wires and sonderings.

Any ideas to where i can turn to Get help In Scandinavia? Would be a pain If i had to send my original parts all the way to the US to Get a replacement.:eek:

Thanks! Håkon

Last edited:

Håkon

Thanks! They were very helpful, and said they are going to send a dealer i am In touch with the neccasary documentation! Hoping this is fixable

Håkon

When i look into the stereo output Jack with a flashlight, its visable that one of the 4 connection pins are bent backwards.. anyone had this on their JP?

Fusionman

Yes I’ve had that issue. Either the gtr goes back to mm to replace the entire preamp box or you can send them the box and they will replace it. It’s a relatively expensive cost either way. Others have claimed to replace the output jacks but the jack s are directly mounted to the board and it’s not an easy repair without damaging the entire board and preamp.

Håkon

Thanks! Very helpfull to know What others had to do to fix it. Dissasembled box, dont look like an easy operation to exchange just the Jack.

Hoping to get drawings and maybe parts overview from NMnordic next week.

After fixing it, i only have one problem with it.. i really like it, But its not an Axis

Fusionman

I have both also but they’re really different gtrs. I love them both. Those 2 plus a Tele are my main gigging gtrs.

Håkon

I have both also but they’re really different gtrs. I love them both. Those 2 plus a Tele are my main gigging gtrs.

Have to have that tele.. just sold my american standard tele to buy a baja tele. Feels so wrong to change out a Us for a mim, But still feels so right.

I have a friend that wants to give a axis with floyd rose In a trade with me. That might be the solution to my problem. Only problem with that solution is him wanting my PRS In that trade. And i really like that PRS.

Starting to find out that every solution includes me buying additional guitars insted of swapping out

Fusionman

Nothing wrong w a variety of gtrs. Each one I have excel at a certain thing but the JP6 and Axis Sport do so much so well and that’s why they are my go to guitars. The tele is kind of the same. As it only does a couple of things but does them really well. While I do own a strat it’s too difficult for me to get all of its tones to sound great so it generally stays home.

Top Bottom