• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

The_Logod

Hi gang,

I've had my new JP6 for almost a year now and posted about issues with the mono-jack (where piezo and mag pickups can be used with a standard mono guitar cable) picking up wireless signals / electromagnetic noise / interference quite noticeably, making the jack unusable for me - though only / mostly when playing at home. I was living in an area surrounded by wireless / mobile service antennas so I figured that's the problem, as I only heard the noises at home.

I have since moved to a much more remote area and have a music studio in my cellar - so it's much more isolated from outside interference - however, the piezo will still pick up the occasional mobile phone / wireless signal.

I am aware this can occur with electronics and (pre)-amps but I am just wondering if this is to be expected and whether this is common with all JP6s out there? I just wonder - how can JP play in front of thousands of people, all of them online and connected through wireless signals on stage, without having any unwanted sound / noise coming from his guitar when mine pics up a single phone in the room...

My Acoustic Guitar with a piezo preamp does not exhibit this issue.

Cheers
Luke

Lucien2

how clean is your power? Anecdotally, my passive pickup guitars are mostly worthless in my recording environment...yes we have a lot of signal interference but my biggest problem is dirty power. I'm preparing to invest in decent power conditioning for my amps and monitors.

The_Logod

how clean is your power? Anecdotally, my passive pickup guitars are mostly worthless in my recording environment...yes we have a lot of signal interference but my biggest problem is dirty power. I'm preparing to invest in decent power conditioning for my amps and monitors.
I doubt that's the problem; it'd only affect my JP6 then - which again makes me question how sensitive these electronics in there are if none of my other gear has any issues.

I guess the only option for me would be to try it with another JP6 to finally know whether this is an issue with the electronics or just something I have to live with. It's a bit of a bummer - otherwise I am completely in love with this instrument; it is indeed beautifully crafted.

beej

I would contact the customer service folks and get some professional advice. Better than having us guess at the root cause.

Top Bottom