• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

ARES

Well I've ogled them for years, and I happened to catch Sam Ash clearancing out their Ernie Balls so I couldn't resist. Anyhow, it looks like some EB employees hover around these forums, maybe one could answer a few questions for me...?

1) Curious about the build date, I'm not sure how long my bass was sitting in the store as a floor model, long enough to kill the factory strings though. Serial number F04846.

2) The back of the neck is a noticably dirty (probably damn teenagers fondling my bass :D ), if lemon oil doesn't work, anything else to try? Any particular brand or other tips?

3) I registered my warranty online yesterday, and I know Ernie Ball will send me a set of strings but will I get a cool owner's manual too? Any way I could get one?

I think that's about it, I appreciate any help!

SWR_n_EB

Ok, i'm gunna takera shot at ur questions.
1) ASK ROD TRUSSBROKEN, he is all knowing on this subject.

2) The dirt should be lisfted with lemon oil, but if not, it's probably some discoloration from use. I have read forums of people complaining about discoloration, but, it is normal after decent time using it.

3)I don't think Ernie Ball gives out manuals, they have a little tag with them that says 4 do's and don'ts, and that's about it. You'll figure out allot of the neccesary things to know from reading these forums. Read teh FAQs at teh EB website, and you'll be fine.

BTW sterlings RULE!, i love mine, and i am almost possesive over it., It's great!

Rod Trussbroken

ARES.....

This should put you in the ball park... :D

F04704...Sep 2001.
F05345...Jan 2002.

Re the back of the neck....is it sealed or unsealed?....sounds like it may be the latter, in which case I don't think I'd be using lemon oil. If you ring EB, they will let you talk to a tech about it.

ARES

Thanks!

I printed out a copy of the FAQ yesterday and they gave me that DO and DON'T list with my bass. :)

I wonder how long my bass was sitting in the store...? Either way it's in good shape, one slight nick on the headstock and a dirty neck, everything else is cherry. :cool:

Yes, it's an unsealed neck. I'll give them a call.

Top Bottom