• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

I like Rush

Hi.

I know so many people rave about their Axis pickups, but I am finding more and more that everything is sounding too "mushy" when I play with a lot of gain (just hard rock, not numetal or anything). I am thinking of changing the pickups out to see if that helps. I know some people recommend lower output pickups to help resolve this kind of issue. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking maybe Bare Knuckle VHII or something.

Goal is to achieve rhythm tones that are tight with good note definition when playing chords, without being too harsh sounding. Somewhere between what I have now and the crisp "pop" that I get from my tele bridge pickup. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know.

THanks.

George Homme

I was thinking to change the Pickups of My Axis SS with Dimarzio 36th Annivs but i think the guitar will lose its personality because the 36ths are low output pickups and also you cant adjust the height as they are body mounted. Anyway, if you do the swap don t sell the original pickups..you might regret it and they are kinda hard to find.

Top Bottom