• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Wide'Iwas

Hey all I have a Luke 3 bfr grapes of wrath. When turning volume knob to off the guitar is still hot. Guessing the pcb is the issue? Can I try cleaning with DeX? I am second owner do no think warranty is good . But it's only 5 months old .

beej

So there's some signal still there when it's dialed all the way off? Most likely a pot issue.

Spraying with Deoxit might help if there's a build-up of debris inside the pot. Otherwise you should probably reach out to CS and see what they recommend.

Wide'Iwas

Yes the volume pot never turns off when rolled back ...stays on . When I roll it fast it will engage and no sound. Think I will see what happens this weekend and call monday . I also replaced the 9v battery

Rbg

Sorry for hijacking the thread: how much free angular “play” you have in the push/push pot before it starts affecting the volume?

Rbg

It’s interesting, mine has like 5-10 degree of free rotation “play” before it catches up and starts adjusting volume. Annoys me big time.

Wide'Iwas

It’s interesting, mine has like 5-10 degree of free rotation “play” before it catches up and starts adjusting volume. Annoys me big time.
No mine had....normal travel its rolled up even. But now it's all volume !

Wide'Iwas

Well it's fixed!!! After hitting it with DeoxIT. -- issue still present . The fix-- compressed air blowing out pot from bottom and top, fixed no scratchy sound and perfect rollback !!

Top Bottom