• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Evo23

Hi guys and gals!

New to the EBMM family and loving my Luke II in Blue Dawn, plays wonderfully and sounds sweeter than a sugar coated chocolate bar.

Bit of a question though, can anyone with a piezo equipped Luke II tell me if this sounds right?

Piezo Comparison by davidguitarist | David Gardiner | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Here's the boring diagnostics, i'm running the original EMG pickups and this was piezo vs middle magnetic pickup. I have the bridge set flush to the body and i'm using 9-42s with a new battery. The piezo controls are mix and bass cranked and treble around the notch.

It's a bit of an odd one, as the piezo is by no means unusable. With a little EQ and gain boost it can sound fine, it just sounds a little off to me for some reason. With the piezo EQs all set at the notch, it sounds very thin with nowhere near enough low end. Especially when switching from the mags.

Seems strange that with an active preamp, I need to crank the output (mix) to get it even close to the magnetic output. Even then it's not quite there.

Anyway, let me know what you think. I figure this is the place to get my answer if nothing else!

All the best,

Evo

Top Bottom