• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

coldsummer

I had an early Luke model but found the V shaped neck profile uncomfortable. I'm sure I remember reading that the III had less of a V. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks!

LesPaul

I've never played an early Luke, but I can say that I have no problem going between my Luke III and my Majesty or JP16.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Fro

I haven't played an earlier model Luke but if you have ever played a Cutlass, the neck on my LIII and the neck on my Cutlass feel very much the same. The Cutlass is a hair thicker front to back but it's not noticeable switching between them.

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
Officially there is no change in neck profile. Due to hand finishing it may vary a little from guitar to guitar but that's all.

FWIW, I was worried about the V on the Cutlass but after a few days I hardly noticed it at all.

mikeller

I have had a Luke (2) and currently have 3 Luke III's. The necks have all been somewhat different (as DrKev says due to hand sanding). The full rosewood neck on my Olive Gold L3 is hands down less V and a little bigger than the others, its my favorite of them all.

Magic Jason

I have had a Luke (2) and currently have 3 Luke III's. The necks have all been somewhat different (as DrKev says due to hand sanding). The full rosewood neck on my Olive Gold L3 is hands down less V and a little bigger than the others, its my favorite of them all.

+1

coldsummer

I now have a Luke III with rosewood neck and I can confirm the V is considerably more shallow than on my previous one with a maple neck. It feels fantastic.

SilosRock

Congrats! Olive Gold? A PDN? Next guitfiddle is either going to be an LIII or a 20th Ann... But something tells me the latter. Change my mind haha. Can't wait to see some of that LIII goodness

NikolaK

My impression on the L3 vs L2 neck is that L3 is slightly fatter and less V. I`ve played 3 L2s and owned 3 L3s and that was the overall conclusion... But ofc, every neck shape is lil bit different.

jones4tone

Sweet find! Congrats! The rosewood necks are sublime. (My only one is on an ASS, but has such a great feel.)

vexed73

I feel the necks are all similar but the difference between regular luke frets and stainless make them feel very different.

Top Bottom