• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carteyano

Hello again, greetings from Spain.
I have a problem with the push-pull of the booster in Luke III, and it is very hard. When you press it it goes up very slowly, and to deactivate it you have to squeeze a lot. Do you think it is normal? It may be thought that way to prevent it from being activated by mistake.
Thank you for your answers.

LordRiffenstein

Sounds like that pot could be defective. The Luke's I've had use a push-push boost so I don't know if thats a spec that changed or just a typo but the push-push pots have always responded almost instantly and always easily.

I should add, it is likely worth contacting customer service about possibly obtaining a replacement pot/troubleshooting etc..

Daniel

Hello again, greetings from Spain.
I have a problem with the push-pull of the booster in Luke III, and it is very hard. When you press it it goes up very slowly, and to deactivate it you have to squeeze a lot. Do you think it is normal? It may be thought that way to prevent it from being activated by mistake.
Thank you for your answers.

Shoot me an email at [email protected] with your guitar's serial number and I'll help you find the part you need.

tbonesullivan

It should be a "Push Push" type of actuation, not a push pull. So you push it down, and it pops up, and then you push it in again and it latches down. Like an amplifier footswitch. If it's not working like that, it may need some light lubrication on the shaft of the potentiometer.

Carteyano

Shoot me an email at [email protected] with your guitar's serial number and I'll help you find the part you need.

Thank you, but I don't want a replacement, I want a possible solution. That something like this happens to a guitar with little more than 10 years and very little use, and more assuming that the components are of good quality, does not give a good impression.

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
1) It should be a push-push, not a push-pull. You have not verified this, it may not be the original part and may have nothing to do with the quality of the parts EBMM use.
2) Quality part or not, 10 years is a long time, with or without use.
3) Customer Service responded and offered you help and you reply like that? And you failed to respond or acknowledge any reply to your original post? Not cool.

tbonesullivan

If it hasn't been used much, the lubrication may have dried up. Do you know what kind of conditions it was stored in? The components are all top quality, but even the best quality components eventually need replacement.

Daniel

Thank you, but I don't want a replacement, I want a possible solution. That something like this happens to a guitar with little more than 10 years and very little use, and more assuming that the components are of good quality, does not give a good impression.

More than likely the lubrication inside the potentiometer has dried up from non-use. This can happen on any potentiometer. It happened on my old stereo receiver. You can try cleaning it out with some Deoxit electronics cleaner or you can replace the potentiometer. If you need help with the potentiometer replacement, I can get you the parts you need or direct you to our partners in Spain to help you out. Feel free to email me at [email protected] if you have any questions. I'm going to close this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom