• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Adder

Thanks All for the advice. Really appreciate it.
Here‘s the thing, I’m a luthier, and I understand the Mechanics of a guitar and have had to troubleshoot so many different issues with guitars. In this case I have looked at the nut and also the saddle. no issues that I can see. This guitar has a mech issue which is apparent when handling the guitar normally, there is an audible click when the guitar is picked up by the neck. The 5 bolts are secure so it appears it is a truss rod issue. Could I return it and get it fixed? Sure I could. But this baby is NEW! I should not have to take on a responsibility to get a NEW guitar repaired or fixed. I called EB and was advised it was either a nut problem, a Saddle issue or something to do with the neck/truss rod….. no shit. that is just about the whole guitar,
in addition, when I took delivery, the strings where old, and the wrapping was missing and the pickup sticky plastic was gone. This is a second. Who knows where it’s been or who’s been messing with it.
I have sent it back for a full refund and will rather go to a specialized store for my next one over a ‘big box store’
it is such a shame as this model is a cracker. Rest assured I will be back to get another one!

Reactions: Rbg

ruger9

You're a luthier? Why did you bother asking US numbskulls? LOL

Adder

I agree that even tho it is likely an easy fix (a few minutes with a nut file would likely cure it), at this price point you shouldn't HAVE to.

I got a PRS DGT ($5K) this year, and it was perfect out of the box. I mean PERFECT. As any guitar should be at this price point.

The wood figuring is a concern, and if I were already in love with it, I would not send it back. My DGT is a "10 top", and I loved it at first sight... in my case, even tho it would bug me that a $3k+ guitar wasn't staying in tune, if I thought it wa the nut, I'd just fix it myself. (actually, in the case of PRS I could send it back to them, and they would fix THAT guitar under warranty... I have no idea how EBMM does that, or what the wait tike may be).
If it were THAT simple I would have done it myself. Sadly the noise in the neck points to a flaw in the neck. Removing the neck / Fretboard to inspect a possible truss rod issue on a new guitar ain’t gonna happen. Lol

Edit: I have another Maple top on the way!

Adder

Update;
So I got the new Flame Maple top earlier this week and I can report that this one is perfect! No clicky neck, keeps perfect tune and is a dream to play!
probably The easiest guitar to play by far That I have ever owned.

1676341202265.jpeg

ruger9

Man I really love the quilt/flamed green on these, but I am not a fan of whatever color they surround it with.,.. if it was ALL quilt green, I think I would own one already...

So instead I'm looking at a Fuschia Sparkle LOL... maybe a used Grapes of Wrath...

Adder

Man I really love the quilt/flamed green on these, but I am not a fan of whatever color they surround it with.,.. if it was ALL quilt green, I think I would own one already...

So instead I'm looking at a Fuschia Sparkle LOL... maybe a used Grapes of Wrath...
Ha ha that’s exactly what drew me to this guitar was the Okoume wood around the maple flame. That color is the wood body. But no doubt the fuchsia is a beaut too. I just can’t see myself prancing around the stage with all that purple round my belly. For me the green is so understated . But that why we are all different. Someone said ‘moss look’ 🤣🤣🤣 and he’s not wrong!

Last edited:
Top Bottom