• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Ali

Hi folks. Well, getting another step closer to the Luke, finally. Still in two minds as to whether to sell my Universe, though suspect I'll keep it and just save up a little longer!

But, the big fat thorny issue arises. What colour? You've all been there so you'll be well aware of the indecision involved. Thank goodness Ibanez did the UV in a whole range of one colour...no decision required!

I've decided to go for a non piezo but whether the headstock gets painted depends on the colour. I'm swaying towards Candy Red at the moment, but it was Luke Blue yesterday and Carbon Blue the day before.....HELP.

So my request. Can we use this thread to compile links or img. files of the various colours on offer. I know they're all on the website but they look nothing lik ethe ones I've seen! I'd much rather see what people's own instruments look like in real lighting, rather than in a photo studio.

Many thanks to anyone that posts:D

kbaim

Hey, how are ya. Good choice in the Luke. Owner of 3 of those bad boys. One with a piezo just over a month old.

Luke Blue is actually a light gray color. The coolest colors (imo) for the Luke are unfortunately no longer available except for vintage sunburst and carbon blue (though i've never seen a luke in carbon).

If you're custom ordering, the painted hdstk is a $100 US upcharge and the piezo is a $300 upcharge.

My advice if you like to play clean as well as with distortion, and are budgeting for this guitar, pass on the painted hdstk and put the money towards the piezo if you don't own a guitar with one. It just opens up so many more tonal options it'll inspire you to greater heights on the instrument.

The wait is rough. You might be able to order one without paying full price. I paid about 30% down. The rest was due upon delivery. May be different in your neck of the woods.

KEITH

kbaim

Oh yeah, theres a couple of pictures of my lukes if you hunt on this forum.

One is in the BLUE DAWN IS THE COOLEST thread

The Other is my vintage sunburst in the EBMM MARKETING BONANZA thread. I have no idea how to connect you to either but maybe a moderator will help out with that.

If not happy hunting.

KEITH

Top Bottom