• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Nigelj

OMG want want want!! But can someone tell me why second hand value for these Luke true golds are sooo high? I know they are rare with 250 made worldwide. Seen one currently for sale at £3500. That’s a bit much.. is it?

New to forum. Proud owner of an original luke 1 pearl blue and Luke 2 graphite grey (I think that’s the official colour)

GWDavis28

OMG want want want!! But can someone tell me why second hand value for these Luke true golds are sooo high? I know they are rare with 250 made worldwide. Seen one currently for sale at £3500. That’s a bit much.. is it?

New to forum. Proud owner of an original luke 1 pearl blue and Luke 2 graphite grey (I think that’s the official colour)

Welcome.

Nice, they are pretty cool and an early BFR run. There is one on Reverb right now, at least it was there last night. The guitar market is strange at times, people always want a lot for there stuff, sometimes they get it and other times they don't. You can wait it out for fear that someone else will sang it, or if you have the $$ jump on it. They have been showing up very often, but they don't last long for sale.

By the way that Graphite Pearl Luke doesn't exist without pictures!!!! Hahahahahaha.

Glenn |B)

JasonT

The true gold Luke was kinda special. Besides the all rosewood neck, and the color, it had the EMG-X pickups. To my ears, they sounded like a blend between active and passive pups. Good luck!

Nigelj

Yea I had seen that and I’m watching it �� lol
If I can figure out how to post I pic up I will ��
Out of the luke 1 and Luke 2 I’m favouring the luke 2 ����

Nigelj

The true gold Luke was kinda special. Besides the all rosewood neck, and the color, it had the EMG-X pickups. To my ears, they sounded like a blend between active and passive pups. Good luck!

Ahh yes the pickups are different.. I’d love to pull the trigger but the missus is looking a new kitchen put in! Ahh the struggle is real lol

Bill S

Without wanting to hijack, is True Gold a “sort after” colour in other models or does that just apply to the Luke. Just so happens my JP6 is TG, but it’s not a BFR.

GWDavis28

Without wanting to hijack, is True Gold a “sort after” colour in other models or does that just apply to the Luke. Just so happens my JP6 is TG, but it’s not a BFR.

True Gold is a good color and was offered for a limited time, not one of my top favorites. On the BFR Luke, it seems to be sort after since Luke used his for quite a while.

Glenn |B)

Top Bottom