• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Majesty67

Good afternoon everyone. Question on the Majesty 20th anniversary. My only concern with the guitar is the drastic difference in volume between the neck and bridge pickups. The neck pickup is way louder than the bridge. I took it to a luthier to see if there was a way to lower the pickup height. He said no. Since the pickups are direct mounted. He thinks the rout was not cut deep enough for the neck pickup to allow it to be lowered and have it be more even in volume with the bridge pickup. I’m wondering if that’s by design. Perhaps JP likes to solo on the neck pickup more and hence wants it to be louder than the bridge pickup which would ostensibly used more for rhythm. Anyone else have this issue? I purchased in in April from Sweetwater.

Mace13

Hey there. My 20th Anniversary JP6 seems to have the opposite thing going on: the neck pick-up is a wee bit lower in volume than the bridge. Not drastically, but noticable at times. So, what you have there is probably not by design. The Majesty I play has well balanced bridge and neck pick-ups.

GWDavis28

Welcome. Well the bodies are CNC routed, so the pickup pocket depths should always be the same with some minor tool wear factored in. Have you talked to Sweetwater or EBMM customer service about the issue? That's always the best place to start. Though reaching out here is a good call as well.

1652963673341.png
Or email them
EB Contact Info: Contact
MM Contact Info: Contact

Hope this helps, Glenn |B)

dibart77

If I am not mistaken, are there mini volume pots on the circuit board for individual pickup volume (that are not exposed on the cavity cover)?

Mace13

If I am not mistaken, are there mini volume pots on the circuit board for individual pickup volume (that are not exposed on the cavity cover)?
Interesting! Does anyone have any more info on this? I would love to do a little better volume balancing on the Honey Butter.

MMeyer

Hey, I have 20th Anniversary Majesty 7 and had a similar issue. Neck pickup seemed a bit lower in output than bridge. I just took the pickup out of slot and added couple cutted strong paper plates on a each side between pickup and screws. Just to have the neck pickup a bit closer to strings to increase a signal.
IDK if it was only like a "placebo" or what.. But seems Im not the only one with this problem, "happy" to hear that lol

tekwerk

The mini pots are for EQing the Piezo system as well as adjusting the balance between Piezo and Magnetic pickups when running in 'mono' mode. There is also an adjustment for the boost level. For anything else, contact EBMM customer service. They are top notch and will help you out.

Mace13

Thanks for that thought! I don't think it is a placebo effect at all, raising the PU by a couple mm makes a difference in output volume for sure. I also thought of putting a little shim/washer under each PU mounting foot. The folks at the Sweetwater service put some foam underneath the PU but the PU wasn't stable. There is a wire lying in the bottom of the PU cavity and so the PU needs some clearance for that to sit solid. I could do the shim/washer thing no problem.

Top Bottom