• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Goody

Hi all,

Has anyone struggled with the Majesty or other Musicman guitar bridge plate resonating or causing a filter like sound when muting on the bridge? After taking off the bridge plate on my majesty I was relieved that my recording takes were usable. Could this be due to the plate not sitting correctly or screwed tight enough? I also put foam around the trem springs and oddly enough in the battery compartment to tame a resonance occurring in the E note. After these adjustments it sounds as good as it plays.

Mace13

Yeah, I had to also put felt in the springs, which I think is normal. Some folks like that resonance of the springs, so I can understand EBMM not dampening the strings at the factory.

But yeah, I had to put a thin piece of foam in the battery compartment as well because of a buzz. To me this seems like a design flaw. Batteries should not buzz/rattle in a finely crafted guitar! There should be some kind of built in damper in the battery compartment, IMHO.

I haven’t experienced any bridge plate rattles/buzzes.

musiciansmith

I've just come upon this same problem with the bridge resonating when I play D D#E on 15th fret B String and same notes on the G string above the 12th. What did I do to cause this? I tightened the trem arm so it stays in one place. I levelled the bridge plate as it was sticking up on the top strings. I also tweaked the action intonation. Anyone else with this problem? How to fix this?

Top Bottom