• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

johnnyboogie

I didn't mean it as a negation, just that they share another spec, but thanks for taking the time to lay out all the interesting technical details Dr. Kev, really useful stuff.

johnnyboogie

That glossy red finish.. killer. Thanks a bunch for the video Mark!!

PS. There's this one too, in case you might have missed it.

Last edited:

Markb

That glossy red finish.. killer. Thanks a bunch for the video Mark!!

PS. There's this one too, in case you might have missed it.

Cheers ya seen it :) keep an eye out Everyday :p .. have ordered the red as have a purple guitar (js2450) but they getting one of each so will make final decision when see them all in person (as Long as not all spoken for) but don't think can go wrong with the red , especially on the monarchy!

johnnyboogie

Cheers ya seen it :) keep an eye out Everyday :p .. have ordered the red as have a purple guitar (js2450) but they getting one of each so will make final decision when see them all in person (as Long as not all spoken for) but don't think can go wrong with the red , especially on the monarchy!

The purple sparkle on the JS2450 is a fantastic finish, awesome instrument overall. That 'Royal Red' finish.. Definitely not going wrong with that. I've been fantasising it with black hardware, and I think it would make for a killer combo.

Markb

The purple sparkle on the JS2450 is a fantastic finish, awesome instrument overall. That 'Royal Red' finish.. Definitely not going wrong with that. I've been fantasising it with black hardware, and I think it would make for a killer combo.

:)

johnnyboogie

Pure speculation on my part, but might the different specs, at least for the bridge pickup, be to compensate for the slight tonal differences in the woods and to make the new Monarchy mahogany and original basswood models sound more like one another?

Good line of reasoning.. On the other hand, isn't it worth mentioning that the Monarchy Majesty (through-neck mahogany) bears the same pickups as the JPXVI (bolt-on, basswood/maple)?

Do these guitars sound so much differently simply because of their wood-selection, or not? Given that they are both voiced through the Sonic Xtacy set.

Or could it be that the wood-selection does not affect the final tonal qualities THAT much, and accounts more for the rigidity and stability of the instrument's construction?

johnnyboogie

Some great stuff on the BL site. (I think I've owned most of his pickups at some point or another.)

Oh... That is something to go after =)

A short feedback from your experience?

I have only tried out DiMarzio pickups (most of their humbuckers, and a few single-coil ones), but it really takes tone-shaping (and money spending) to the next level.

Top Bottom