• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

edhalen

Question - given the majesty's slight body size and shape I am wondering how comfortable it is to play seated as compared to a Y2D or a Reflex (I have played both and are VERY comfortable to play seated for long periods of time).

thanks

bhull

Having spent time with LPs, Explorers, Vs, Strats and Super Strats...and noodling around with a Reflex at a local GC, IMO the Majesty is one of the most comfortable guitars ever, sitting, standing and classical position.

The ergonomics was the #1 reason I bought it.

drewbixcubed

That was actually a feature specifically added. If you look at the curves/side edge of the guitar, the side wall is much larger on the bottom....specifically for the leg (or in this case, JP's knee) to "lock into." The top is more contoured specifically to "lock into" the forarm/chest area.

How else would you comfortably perform such miraculous arpeggios while in a power stance (or sitting) ;)

Tollywood

That was actually a feature specifically added. If you look at the curves/side edge of the guitar, the side wall is much larger on the bottom....specifically for the leg (or in this case, JP's knee) to "lock into." The top is more contoured specifically to "lock into" the forarm/chest area.

How else would you comfortably perform such miraculous arpeggios while in a power stance (or sitting) ;)

Very interesting info. Thanks!

SteveB

I played a couple of marathon sessions with mine right after I got it. Never noticed any tendency for it to want to fall off my leg when seated. I must have thighs like Petrucci. :) Sadly, that would be where the similarities end!

edhalen

lol Steve - the other thing I'm wondering is how flat is the neck compared to your Y2D?

Top Bottom