• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Kenji20022

Considering adding one of these to my collection, just have a few questions about it.

Does the guitar still function if the batteries die with the Magnetic Pickups like the previous guitars do?
- I can remove the battery and still use the bottom input jack to play with the pickups and not the Piezo in the guitars before the Majesty, is this possible on the Majesty?

What's the best way to conserve battery life save for leaving it unplugged which I already never do with my guitars.
- Should I leave the guitar in a specific mode (Mono/Stereo) to conserve battery life when it's not plugged in or something else I don't know about?

Thanks guys!

lifeson1

Just got mine, and no, guitar will not function without batteries. Only had mine a day or so, so still putting it through the paces. But yeah, that's a bummer. My batteries died out of the box, that's how I found that tidbit out.

MajtasticVoyage

I get a good few weeks out of a set of batteries, depending on how much I'm practicing. Gotta be mindful to unplug it when you're not playing though (much like putting a tube amp in standby mode). No idea if one mode or another conserves battery life more or less if it's unplugged.

beej

I don't know about the Majesty, but generally with the other MM guitar that take batteries, removing the cord disconnects the ground from the circuit, meaning there's no current flow from the battery. So it likely doesn't matter what mode you're in ... pulling the cord is like taking the battery out.

MajtasticVoyage

@beej - does the circuit disconnect if I have one of those Planet Waves circuit breaker cords? It's got a button that cuts it off for quiet plugging/unplugging but I'm not sure if I could leave it plugged in - or if pushing the button is effectively like unplugging the guitar and would thereby conserve battery... any idea about this?

drewbixcubed

Both the JP13 and the Majesty require a battery for use. There is a preamp for the Piezo and magnetic pickups. The only way to "turn off" the circuit is to completely remove ANY cable.

Top Bottom