• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

sheehanje

I just got my replacement Majesty (my first one had some red flags and I sent it back to Guitar Center). All I can say is what a difference! I definitely think now the first was one that someone returned before - because even all the packing on this new one is different. In fact, the control function diagram on the first was a photocopy.

I'm am a happy camper now. This thing is gorgeous. Action needs to come down a bit, but this one was actually setup unlike the first one that had it's saddles laying flat and buzzing all over the place.

Anyway, I'm so glad I decided to exchange rather than return/refund. I love this thing. I have arthritis building in my fingers - and this will allow me to play for much longer intervals than my current guitars. In fact, I almost had no pain at all, even with the action a little high. I never knew JP and EBMM were ergonomics masters too...

I was kind of back and forth on this, a JP15 or waiting out for a JP16. But I love Neck Through design - and this one probably has the most sustain of any guitar I've ever owned.

It's funny, but I think I've finally got a new class of guitar in the stable. I've always been split between classic guitars (I have a few Gibson SG's), and 80's metal style guitars (ESP, Jackson, Ibanez). Even my 7 string (LTD) I consider more a 80's metal style. This is the first guitar I feel breaks those molds and feels modern.

Excited! I wish I had it a little sooner. My band is in the studio the next 3 days, and already sound checked, plus this one isn't fully set up yet. Too bad, would have been great to use for this album! Next time...

gurtejsingh

Congratulations. Glad it all worked out :)

Btw, pics or the guitar does not exist :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xjbebop

Outstanding!
The Maj is absolutely one of the most ergo/comfortable guitars I've ever played. Light, balanced, and the neck almost plays itself....
Enjoy!!

pabloz

Beautiful guitar! Agree with you on its infinite sustain and ergonomics! It is a great modern guitar!

sheehanje

Thanks everyone. I just got home from the studio and decided to try my luck lowering the action. It didn't take as long as I thought it would and it's just playing like a dream. The factory setup seemed really high on it. It even sounds better now - assuming because the strings are closer to the pickup.

I will still get a pro setup on it at some point, but may use this guitar after all to lay down some leads on our new album. I'm ecstatic to own this guitar. I know it's a John Petrucci model, but it works so well for Punk/Dirty Rock n Roll. Who would've thought?

xjbebop

""Who would've thought?""
A lot of folks.... These guitars cover a lot of ground.
It's a shame so many people attach limitations to signature series.

Enjoy that guitar...it could become your new paint brush..... :)

agt

Congrats! IMHO, the Majesty is the finest guitar ever designed: ergonomics, sustain, balance, TONE.

The fact that you play punk/dirty Rn'R is all the more reason to break with tradition and play the ultimate freakishly awesome guitar of the future!

sheehanje

Got to play the Majesty in the studio! Laid down all our second guitar tracks on it.

Mesa Mark V Extreme Mode with my Gibson SG,

then Mesa Mark IIc mode with the majesty.

Awesome!

john in studio.jpg

Top Bottom