• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Samuroth

Hello all,

I hope I am in the right place, if there is a better place for this post, feel free to relocate accordingly.

Recently I've notice a bit of issues with my Majesty. Great guitar, gets a lot of playing time, but I've noticed my volume pot has been making ground short noise come out the guitar when I touch the tip of the knob. Some times I notice this drains my tone for a bit and I'll have to lower the volume and fling it back up quickly to get it sounding like it should.

Any suggestions on what this might be? Bad pot? Ground issue? With the circuit board in the cavity I'm not as sure as to what I need to test to sort out problem as typically would be on standard guitar wiring job.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks,

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
Hi and welcome to the forum!

I've never heard of that issue before. I think you should get in touch with Music Man customer service. This is the kind of issue they are the best people to diagnose. See contact details in my signature.

Astrofreq

Have you opened it up and see if a wire is loose or anything? It could be something easy. Customer Service with EBMM is top notch, so send them a message. I hope you get it fixed. :)

mmayo

I guess I'll contribute here to add my similar issue to the Majesty pile. (20th Majesty too).

mmayo

Cust service will assume you don't want to ship the guitar to replace a pot so they'll likely send you one, and it's a common issue.

Top Bottom