• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

JayDawg

The only modding I do is put the Ernie Ball strap locks on all of my Music Man basses. I also added an abalone pick guard to my candy apple red, all rosewood neck Bongo.

Edmang

My Starry Night PDN fretless I have on order will be modded before it even gets to me. Made arrangements with the dealer to put Cobalt flats on it.

Ox Boris

The only mod I've made was the straplocks and a microfiber polishing cloth instead of the factory polishing cloth. I found the factory polishing cloth to dark and prefer the brighter, white microfiber cloth. I also bought a case of Duracell 9 volt batteries with the same expration date as the orgional, so the next big mod for me will be in 2009.
Hang on, you got a factory polishing cloth? Have they stopped doing that? Coz I never got one.
All I got was a small packet of truly awful boiled sweets...

Last edited:

Jakka1

I have made a few cosmetic mods to my BFR Black Sugar Stingray 5HH. It has a Baltic Amber pickguard, Ernie Ball Straplocks, and I have also replaced all of the screws on the Pickguard, battery box & selector switch with black ones.

pacop

Because EBMM modded original MM Stingray bass several times with different bridge, preamp, neck, body, neck plate, etc... Feel free to mod your bass if you like, I keep my 1977 stingray stock, cause is the tone I always liked-

Mu5icM@n

You won't find many people around here who recommend modding their Music Man's. I personally think that the combination of pickup, preamp, etc. is a significant part of what makes the basses sound the way they do, so I have no desire to mod mine. I did put on Dunlop straplocks and changed out my Bongo's pickguard. And after 20+ years my Stingray's frets needed a lot of work. But that's pretty much it.

JayDawg

The only pick guard I have ever changed was on my candy apple red Bongo. But AJ was kind enough to let me order it with an abalone pick guard. It was the last one in stock at EBMM and I got it with the bass when I ordered it. So now I have an extra black pick guard. My only other mod to all of my EBMM basses and guitars is the EBMM strap locks.

Top Bottom