• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

V13

Hello all!
I have a Music Man 25th Anniversary that I bought new in .. I guess it was 2009 or so. I love the guitar and probably have thousands of hours on it. Heres the issue... It has been making a squeaking noise when I use the term or bend the G,B, or D string. It also won't stay in tune. The squeak was driving me nuts to the point I stopped playing it for a while. I traced the squeak to the nut. What do you guys think... do I need to replace the nut??

Thank you

mantrarock

As usual, you might want to contact customer service, but maybe a little bit of graphite in the nut might get rid of the friction.

beej

I'd agree- I'd try graphite, or Big Bends Nut Sauce. That said, I haven't hear a nut squeak- usually it's metal pivot points making that noise.

JasonT

+1 on Big Bends Nut Sauce. Suggest trying that first.

V13

I bought a lubricant made by Planet Waves and it stopped the squeaking noise although I barley noticed it starting to come back today. Maybe I didn't use quite enough

BUC

My 25th is one of the most dead stable guitars I've ever owned. I haven't experienced any squeaking. I religiously graphite the nut on every string change. You can't apply too much. I think I'm running 8's for strings right now.

Top Bottom