• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

siloaxis

Hello all, been a while since I posted. I am looking to get into the 7 string market and wanted opinions on the musicman vs Sterling jp 15. Obviously overall the musicman would be the higher quality instrument but with that quality comes a deserved higher price, so does anyone have any experience with both and can give me a rundown. After throwing in some Dimarzio’s how close will the Sterling get me? My local shop will be ordering it and they don’t stock 7 strings so I have no experience with them. Any help would be appreciated and thanks and happy thanksgiving.

Jp6Fanatic

The sterling jp's are great guitars for the price they're at. If you do decide to go that route I'd definitely recommend swapping the stock pups out for any of his sets, (but if you want to be as close to the jp15 then get the illuminators.) But if you're considering just going for the jp15 I say go for it since that would offer the piezo,boost,dimarzios and just an overall incredible instrument.

siloaxis

The sterling jp's are great guitars for the price they're at. If you do decide to go that route I'd definitely recommend swapping the stock pups out for any of his sets, (but if you want to be as close to the jp15 then get the illuminators.) But if you're considering just going for the jp15 I say go for it since that would offer the piezo,boost,dimarzios and just an overall incredible instrument.
Thanks man, I am seriously debating on just going ahead with the Musicman, I think overall I will be more satisfied. And the piezo is another plus. Actually I may even go with a Majesty 7��

dave1812

I had the opportunity to try both EBMM and Sterling JP15 Models a few months ago.
The Sterling is a great Instrument at that Price, but the Neck is very different in my opinion and the Trem doesn't feel as comfortable as the Original EBMM Trem that has the Cover on it.
The Pickups, Electronics, Volume and Tone Knobs didn't feel very good on the Sterling i tried, but that could be because it was a Showroom Model and it had been played a lot.
I would rather save some more Money and get the EBMM JP15, with the added Bonus that it has the Piezo Bridge and Stainless Steel Frets.
But it also depends on how much you intend to play the Guitar. If you're new to 7 Strings and not planning to use it as your Main Guitar the Sterling could be a valid option.

Top Bottom