• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

gbrophycortez

Scrapped together enough coin and I finally received my first Music Man guitar. Definitely worth the wait! Impossible to put it down this weekend, a total time warp.

What was a bit disappointing is there appears to be a hole where the 12th Fret is glued to the neck. It's like the little piece of wood is just missing or whatnot. I get even at this price point perfection doesn't exist, but I am wondering if it is purely aesthetic or if this can lead to future issues. I have already reached out to EBMM support, but was also curious what the family had to say.

Legit or overreaction - please be nice.

EBMM 3.jpg

EBMM.jpg

EBMM 2.jpg

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
Welcome to the forum family and congrats on a beautiful guitar!

What's happened here is that a little piece of filler has come out from the fret slot (notice the slots are deeper than the actual fret). It is purely cosmetic, and will not cause any issues. Let customer service tell you what your options are. If you don't get an email response this week, feel free to pick up the phone and call. Phone number via the link below in my signature. Also talk to your dealer, they may be able to deal with this for you too.

tbonesullivan

That can happen during shipping, especially during the hotter months. The frets expand at a different rate than the wood, so that little bit of wood filler could have popped out.

ohbugger

Very easy fix for a tech or someone with a bit of woodworking experience, so no worries. Nice guitar (and amp, and cat)!

Sweat

I most likely would have not even noticed it. My Sabre has small neck pocket cracks, I can barely see them. As stated cosmetic , no big deal.

Rbg

I will go against the camp: it would drive me nuts, but I am ocd about things like this. I’d call CS and ask what filler they use and fix it. Or if you do t mind shipping it back — do it!

gbrophycortez

Hey everyone,

Thank you all for taking the time to share your opinions!

I’m a bit of a fussy dude myself, so I spoke to both Ernie Ball and my local music Retailer Long & McQuade.

Apparently, it is a really easy fix and I can either do it locally through my music store or ship it back to California. I’m Canadian and I waited 11 months for the guitar so the last thing I wanted to do was ship it internationally and wait again. I’m doing it locally.

I still am a firm believer that these things should come flawlessly, and I think it was just the initial shock of a few fret dents and the hole. Regardless, I am too in love with my Sabre to give it back and at this point it is a custom feature.

Keep on shredding friends and again I really truly appreciate all of the feedback.

Top Bottom