• Sterling by MusicMan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joel

Ernie Ball, Inc.
Hello
Could I get some info about my Musicman Silhouette serial number: 89133
Thanks

This Silhouette was completed on July 14th, 1989. The color is coming up as "Special" which just means it was outside of our standard offerings at that time. It has the Maple neck.

Hi, I need the model and year of my bass
E89913

This StingRay 3EQ was completed on March 21st, 2013. The color is Tangerine Pearl with the Maple neck.

This one is coming up as an EVH from the 90s in the database. It was most likely made in '87. In 1986 and 1987 before the serial number database existed, the Silhouette serial numbers were ink stamped onto the back of the headstocks and the first 2 digits were the year. Many of those same serials were later used on neck plates in the 90s on different models which were recorded into the database.

Thanks, I was told this is probably '87 but I wasn't sure because the serial number is on the back of the headstock as you mentioned. All the Music Man guitars I've seen haven't this signature on the back of the head, so I thought mine is fake. Another thing is lack of writing: "Made in San Luis Obispo, California" on the headstock. Is this normal for the guitar from 1987?

Yes the "Made in San Luis Obispo, California" began to be introduced to the back of the headstocks in December of 1987 so most of the instruments made in 1987 did not have this.

Hi,
still living and doing well. A Ray E17606, might call it translucent orange. No compensated nut.

This StingRay 2EQ was completed on August 16th, 2000. The color is Trans Orange with the Rosewood fretboard.

Hi all - new member here.
USA SUB Bass S/N X08063
Thanks!

This SUB 2EQ Passive was completed on September 30th, 2004. The color is Textured Cinnamon with the Rosewood fretboard.

Could you tell me my DOB?
E05733

This StingRay 5 was completed on November 23rd, 1998. The color is Natural with the Maple neck.

Air Raid Siren

Hello! I've just bought MM StingRay 5 with serial number 55540. What is the date of production of my bass, and what is the type of pickup - ceramical or alnico?:) Thank you so much:) BR, Alexander.

Skaine

Hi there,

I bought a MM Stingray HH 4 today with the serial number E96284.

Can you please tell me the date of production ( DOB ) ?

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

pipeprimus1

Hello.
I would like to find out the DOB of my Musicman Sting Ray 4.
The serial number is E73526
thanks to everyone!!

Last edited:

soulbass

EBMM Cutlass Bass

F44824

Bought it used and it is black with a maple fretboard, curious if it was swapped or came this way from EBMM, thanks in advance!

pipeprimus1

Hello.
thanks to everyone!!

Last edited:

Joel

Ernie Ball, Inc.
Hello! I've just bought MM StingRay 5 with serial number 55540. What is the date of production of my bass, and what is the type of pickup - ceramical or alnico?:) Thank you so much:) BR, Alexander.

This StingRay 5 was completed on November 23rd, 1994. The color is Natural with the Maple neck. It has the ceramic pickup.

Hi there,

I bought a MM Stingray HH 4 today with the serial number E96284.

Can you please tell me the date of production ( DOB ) ?

Thanks for your time.

This StingRay HH was completed on February 19th, 2015. The color is Honey Burst with the Rosewood fretboard & matching headstock.

Hello.
thanks to everyone!!

This StingRay 2EQ string through body was completed on September 15th, 2009. The color is Trans Blue with the Rosewood fretboard.

I have a Stingray, serial 37311 Could you please give me any details? many thanks!

This StingRay 3EQ was completed on March 19th, 1993. The color is Teal with the Rosewood fretboard.

EBMM Cutlass Bass

F44824

Bought it used and it is black with a maple fretboard, curious if it was swapped or came this way from EBMM, thanks in advance!

This Cutlass Bass was completed on July 27th, 2016. The color is Ivory White with the Maple neck.

Hello.
thanks to everyone!!

Responded above

Skaine

Sorry for the second question :) May i also learn the pickup type (ceramic or alnico) and body wood type (alder or ash) of my MM Stingray 4 HH 2015 with the serial number E96284 please? Thanks for your previous response by the way.

paulcissa

Good day! Please let me know my DOB for a NOS Stingray 5 that I adopted this week - S/N: E78659.

Thanks for what you do!

Joel

Ernie Ball, Inc.
Sorry for the second question :) May i also learn the pickup type (ceramic or alnico) and body wood type (alder or ash) of my MM Stingray 4 HH 2015 with the serial number E96284 please? Thanks for your previous response by the way.

The body wood is Ash. It has the alnico pickups that were always used on the 4 string StingRay models prior to the release of the StingRay Specials in July of 2018.

Hi,

I would like to know the DOB of my stingray bass
Serial E18111

Thanks

This StingRay 2EQ was completed on September 6th, 2000. The color is Candy Red with the Maple neck & matching headstock.

Good day! Please let me know my DOB for a NOS Stingray 5 that I adopted this week - S/N: E78659.

Thanks for what you do!

This StingRay 5 was completed on December 30th, 2011. The color is Candy Red with the Rosewood fretboard & matching headstock.

Bonjour ,
de quelle année est ma StingRay N° E63540

This StingRay 5 was completed on October 4th, 2007. The color is Black Cherry Burst with the Maple neck.

Hi guys, can you give me some info about my Stingray serial number E85505?

This StingRay 3EQ was completed on April 26th, 2011. The color is Black with the Maple neck.

Daniel

Hi Skaine, Ask away! Up until the release of the Stingray Special in July of 2018, all Stingray 4-string basses came stock with alnico pickups.

Kevinmalexander

Trying to date my recently acquired Ernie Ball Music Man 4HH bass guitar

Trying to date my recently acquired Ernie Ball Music Man 4HH Stingray
bass guitar. Also appreciate any other information (i.e. color, body)

Serial number is: E61429

Thanks,
Kevin

Last edited:

NiVe

Dear All,
I kindly ask you the DOB, and the characteristics of this bass, please:
F45587
Kind regards,
Nicolas

Status
Not open for further replies.