• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jauqo III-X

I've been playing Music man basses since the late 70's(I own two 78's and a 79 and I loaned a 77 to a friend that got stolen from him when he was on the road)my very first 5 string(that I still own)was a 92 SR5(that I purchased brand new in 92 and still own to this day)and I'm thinking about getting a SR5HS.I felt so secure about the quality of the MM that when they went from simply MM to EBMM I was right there.there is not one Bass company that is not able to experience the problem that was described in GC(unless it was maybe made of graphite(and that is even subject to happening on a graphite neck,frets can pop out)temperature changes effects wood,whether it's the body,neck,action/sound etc. a large % GC's have a bunch of Kat's who don't know,don't care to know and will never know because none of that stuff means anything to them,they only want to make a sell and usually by any means necessary.You say that this is the first time you've experienced this type of problem from all of your experiences with a MM that you say has been great in so many ways,then this really is no reason to start hating them now and the problem you described isn't MM's fault any way.When it comes to quality controll MM is one of the few non custom Bass companies that is about quality controll(I stopped playing One companies Basses that I endorsed for a while,because of poor quality controll).

Last edited:

smallequestrian

The quality sucks on these, all of the 7 EBMM's I have had have gone out of tune after a three of weeks. I mean come on, I shouldn't have to tune a bass more than once a year, right? Who's with me?!?! I have better things to do then worry about tuning.

Mobay45

Rod Trussbroken said:
Fair enough. I thought they were stock without upcharge.

Hey, I'm not saying it isn't possible that it's an EBMM, I'm just saying that GC carries a lot of OLP basses and every one of their natural finished basses that I've seen have a maple fretboard and a tort guard and most of the ones I have played (all 5 strings) recently have fret sprout. I'm just saying that it's something to consider.

I would like to know which GC it is too so someone from the board here could go check it out.

shamus63

smallequestrian said:
The quality sucks on these, all of the 7 EBMM's I have had have gone out of tune after a three of weeks. I mean come on, I shouldn't have to tune a bass more than once a year, right? Who's with me?!?! I have better things to do then worry about tuning.

You gotta tune these damn things, as well...?

That's it! I'm done!

;)

shamus63

Mobay45 said:
I still think he was playing an OLP that he thought was a Stingray.

That would explain the tort pickguard. I haven't seen a stock natural Stingray from the factory with a tort guard and that's what the OLP comes with standard.

I'd agree on that one, Larry, except he quoted a price that was waaay beyond any modded OLP product.

Jack put it best with his quote:
Wrong question. The right question is: What's going on with that retail outlet?

Again, wood is wood. If you don't take care of it, it will start to flaw.

Also, GC isn't the only retailer guilty of not taking care of their inventory; it's a fairly common occurance when you have a large inventory that is out of the box and exposed to air conditioning and customer handling.

Last edited:

shamus63

Mobay45 said:
That's the part that threw me off too. I wonder if he was quoting the price off of that particular bass or just the price of EBMMs in particular.

My God ~ I hope anybody could tell the difference between OLP and Ernie Ball/MusicMan when they have them in their hands. :eek:

higher1

I can't imagine any EBMM bass leaving the factory in anywhere near this condition.

Further,I work as a computer tech for a private school as my day gig and deal with tons of customer service people on a daily basis.
This being said; I would like to state that I have never ever been treated so well by ANY customer service department as I was by EBMM when my baby needed new frets.

I would also like to reverberate the statement that this almost seems to be baited. so lets just kill this 1 :D

whata dumbass!

bovinehost

Administrator
Agreed. This one has been beaten up pretty good in a very short time. Anyone who's been around a bit knows what's right and wrong about this person's experience and subsequent reporting.

Let's close it down?

Yes. The horse is dead and thoroughly kicked.

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom