• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

thumper

Hello all,

What is everybodies thoughts if Ernieball were to reissue the 1976 Stingray??? Of Course The bass would come in 2 maybe 3 different colors,slab body (without the wieght) a nice lacqured neck 2 band EQ ( to get that pre ernie sound) Old School Logo,String Thru Body,White Pickup,and Three tone Sunburst.Is there a Market for this???? I think so especially if it was priced within reason....I think it is Time....What are your Thoughts?

Thumper

mike jewels

I say EB should definitely make them, as there are a lot of players/collectors that would be interested in them if for nothing other than nostalgic value. If they made them as true as possible to the original specs, I'd say they'd have no trouble at all selling them. If they made only a limited run of them, they'd be collector's items almost overnight.

My vote is: Go for it!

Mike

thumper

Alright.....This is what i hoped to read..I agree with both of you..The serial # thing...LOL...would have to be in order.Come on people together we are strong..if you click on this post please leave us your thoughts,maybe with enough posts we can show EB what they could be doing to add to there already impressive line up.

Thumper

SWR_n_EB

Anniversary

I think they should make it like an Anniversay, kinda like the sick silver and graphite one. In idea though, special for the Anniversary and like limited.

awa

I think it's a great idea, as long as they stay true to the original design. (ala Fender) I have a 1999 SR. Great Bass. But, I had a '78 that I let go. STUPID...................I know. There's something about the old ones, though. First thing I noticed, way back then, is that they were BALANCED!! No neck diving!! And, personally, I prefer the old preamp design. (Anyone have experience with the EB 2 Band?) Don't get me wrong, the EB Basses are great. Maybe the best quality production bass guitar I've ever seen. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!

Last edited:

JBFLA

Serial #s

Rod Trussbroken said:
Ditto.....

but I vote that the serial#s run in chronological order.... ;)

But then it WOULDN'T be like the pre EB's !
:D

thumper

Come on guys lets build up this list.....Im sure you guys wouldnt mind a reissue stingray...Or would you?????:(

lowfreq65

No Brainer!...Sting Ray reissue.

Its due time, ..I am all for the String Ray reissue, just as long as Ernie Ball offers my fave Sting ray Model...THE CUTLASS, any body remember those?...Graphite composite neck..w/Natural finish wood grain body! mmmmmm..heaven!

Last edited:

SWR_n_EB

I think they should reissue them..i can't see why they eliminated the Cutlass and Sabre...it's a true shame, because i can't find one anywhere that you can play on. i'd certainly like to try one of those old school MM.

And i'm gunna use the Mini copper as an example. It was old, it went out, and look at what a big hit it wa when the reissued it they are all over the place! I think that EB would certainly benifit from this, and allot of other people would to. Depite the fact that some people may object..but life it full of objections, and that's why it's so fun.:rolleyes: :D

ebb soul

I like the modern EQ, but string thru body would be cool. I think the old ones may have balanced better due to heavy body vrs neck weight. I'm not into heavy, gimmie a Sterling. I gotta wear these thing fer three hours, sumtimes. And I prefer the modern neck finish, in spades.

Rod Trussbroken

Just say Mr Ernie came to the Ball....OK?

(ie...if EB came to the party on this one)...........

.......then what year should the reissue be bassed on and what colour/s should be an option???? :)

Last edited:

thumper

Rod Trussbroken said:
Just say EB came to the party....OK?

What year should the reissue be bassed on and what colour/s should be an option???? :)

Well I think it would be a 76,with radio kbobs,the colors maybe three, sunburst, white, and although it wouldnt be historicly correct, a silver one.Also a white pick up cover on the sunburst ones,the other 2 black pickup covers. Whattaya think:D

Thumper

Top Bottom