• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Gio_Force_One

every so often I will use my old strat but it never lasts i always come back to mt steve morse guitars. Theres just something about EBMM guitars. sound great , very comfortable and once you played a music man neck its hard to go back to anything else.

PeteDuBaldo

Personally I've never understood the need or want for multiple guitars that are exactly the same. But my brand loyalty is extremely high. Earlier this year I almost went for another brand, but in the end picked the Cutlass after all. A decision I've not regretted in the slightest btw!

I use the JP6 as my main guitar and play in 2 different bands, one of which tunes to Eb. Rather than have to redo a set-up before each gig, I have multiple JP6 guitars, set up in both tunings. I will bring along a JP11 or an SBMM Majesty as a backup, or a hardtail guitar if our set requires tuning changes on the fly.

This identical guitars thing has come in handy when both bands are booked at the same gig - the guitar feels the same but is 1/2 step down!

KasperFauerby

I use the JP6 as my main guitar and play in 2 different bands, one of which tunes to Eb. Rather than have to redo a set-up before each gig, I have multiple JP6 guitars, set up in both tunings. I will bring along a JP11 or an SBMM Majesty as a backup, or a hardtail guitar if our set requires tuning changes on the fly.

This identical guitars thing has come in handy when both bands are booked at the same gig - the guitar feels the same but is 1/2 step down!

That is indeed a very valid argument for having multiple JP6s. It does fall into the "unless you're a touring/gigging musician with need of an exact backup" category though. I can understand why someone like Steve Lukather might own several LIIIs as well ;)

For my own case, which is playing in a couple of bands (all standard tuning) plus home studio use, I'm going for tonal versatility instead. For me, having identical guitars would fall into the "collecting" category, which I kind of have a problem with...

jimw427

Nevew new I had this condition until I read this thread.... Got into playing Music Man by accident, picked one up at a music store while I was waiting around, just because it was hanging right next to me, didnt even pay any attention to what it was until I played it and felt it in my hands, then I tried 3 others and was hooked. I was on the hunt to find one I could afford at the time. Picked up a used Axis SS and fell in love, then bought a Luke ii, loved it more than the Axis, tried a Valentine, another Axis, played everything they make at one point or another when I can find it but still always went back to my Luke,

So now I have 3 Luke iii HSS, Olive Gold with Rosewood neck and fingerboard, PDN Neptune Blue with Roasted Maple neck and finger board, and BFR in Bluesberry Flame with roasted maple neck and rosewood finger board. So I guess I could say they are all a little different since they all have a different neck configuration and are basically different models, that might be a little bit of a stretch, I guess bottom line I play a Luke iii HSS.... lol. I do have a limited edition Cutlass for my single coil needs, and a few other brand guitars but it seems the Luke iii is what is always played, it just works. Jim

Bungo

For me it was hanging around on here too much.

Back when the £/$ exchange rate was really favourable, I was too easily drawn into buying something from across the water that I would persuade myself was a deal too good to pass up. I acquired many guitars this way that I really didn't need (I don't do alternative tunings). Hanging around on here just made me aware of many things that were available.

Mind you, having aquired many guitars that I really don't need, I still find it hard to get rid of any!

Top Bottom