• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

glap

I am using an MVP expression pedal to control volume for Hammonsd SK1. I'm not sure that I have the proper hook up because the volume goes from soft to loud without any subtle variation. How should I cable this? Do I need an insert cable and if so how is this wired? Is there a wire diagram available? Thank you in advance for any information.

beej

Are you using it like an expression pedal or a volume pedal?

The correct way to do it would be Hammond -> MVP In, then MVP Out -> Amp/PA system.

glap

Thank you for your reply. I am using it as a volume pedal and have it wired as you recommend but the volume goes from soft to loud without much variation in the pedal.

beej

It's powered correctly (power supply or battery)?

And have you adjusted the pots? The gain pot sets a boost level- turn that fully counterclockwise. And the min pot sets the minimum level- again, set it counterclockwise.

glap

Sorry My pedal is a ernie Ball VP jr. not MVP. No gain controls. in out source.

beej

Is it the 25k or 250k version? For active signals (your keyboard) you'll have a better taper with the 25k. If you have the 250k version, there should be a taper switch you can flip to help a bit.

Other than that ... there's no magic. It's a passive volume pedal, essentially a potentiometer with a foot pedal on top. If you have a multimeter, you could always measure the resistance from the input to output to test the sweep.

glap

I called Ernie Ball today and they confirmed that the pedal will not work well with the SK1 so I will try to sell it and buy the hammond pedal. Thank you for your concerns.

Top Bottom