• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Mork2112

Yes! I am finally a part of the EBMM family after many years of wanting one. Today I picked up a used JP16. Was hoping to get some feedback on its initial condition.

D3F4942F-703F-469D-94EA-D6FC0588D653.jpeg

Body is near perfect, frets are perfect. The setup is a bit off. The truss rod needed some adjustments (bit too much bow) so I straightened it out. Now the action is about 5/64 Low E and 4/64 High E (12th fret) with stewmac gauge. How does the bridge angle/depth look to you guys?
1730D53F-3EB7-45B9-B7F7-1194D345030F.jpeg

I think the action can get lower, just not sure how right now.

Bit of wear on the Floyd components - one for the lock nut screws is kind of stripped compared to the others which are perfect.

Oddly, the guitar came with another Floyd rose (silver) and whammy bar (with some missing saddles)… not sure what is going on there?

7A95548C-A83C-47D3-B841-B03E3CC25B62.jpeg

Random thoughts:

The volume and tone adjustments are a bit hard to get used to. I knock them very easily - especially the tone knob - and you cannot immediately tell if its rolled off or not by looking at it. It moves *very* easily.

Thanks for any info! Stoked to have this beast!

jayjayjay

Congrats on the purchase! EBMM instruments are lifetime guitars.

EBMM has a whole section in its FAQ (FAQ) for setting up JP guitars. Looks like the main way you adjust the bridge height is by raising or lowering the bridge post screws.

If that doesn't get you where you want, you'll likely need to shim the neck. EBMM sells the necessary shims: Neck Pocket Shims - Pack of 3

Enjoy!

GWDavis28

Wow nice snag!!!! Damn that's some bridge wear. Were you able to locate the missing parts?

Congrats, Glenn |B)

Top Bottom