• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

armybass

Colonial Heights, Virginia, United States
I just got this bass from Fresno Rich and he got it from Bovine Jack last year. I knew it was a different bass with a 1996 B Ser Number but I was really surprised to find that it is a Satin Finish instead of a standard gloss poly finish. The neck aslo seems to be thin, with almost a Sterling profile.

Here are some pics that Jack took of the bass
natrayD.jpg

natrayF.jpg
natrayK.jpg

TSanders

I think thats one of those with the "natural velvet" finish. Ive heard of them, but never actually seen one.

kdsi44

i too have a 1996 2 band stingray that has the b serial #.....mine is white with rosewood.....sounds similar to army's as far as features...hmmm

TSanders

A friend told me about them. There were a FEW, I mean 2 or 3 on Bass Centrals website about 2 or 3 years ago. Its supposed to be like a plain satin finish. I dont know why there were so few of these. I also heard that Paul McCartney had a few in that finish. I would like to see one in person.

midopa

Looks great! I like the grain on the body. Now you must take off that pickguard! :p (No, guys, I ain't eva gonna shut up about this "nekkid" bass business. :D)

prickly_pete

Basscentral had a satin, natural fretless up a few months ago -- used. So what was that finish, oil and wax like the necks?

prickly_pete

armybass said:
I have a little stash that I keep and take em off the basses that I sell. I used to order them all the time but they started sending the black glossy ones. :mad:

I prefer the matte finish because it doesn't show scratches like the glossy ones. Does anyone know if they can still be ordered?

Top Bottom