• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

t_rod

Just bought a used 6505 combo from GC. The thing rips \m/. Its brutal and matches nice with my Ball :cool:
Untitled1.jpg

Stratty316

Nice, I had a 5150 combo for years and loved it. I'm tempted by the 6505 112...

Killer JP by the way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalmmm

t_rod

Thanks!
I've played through a few 5150 heads and loved them so when I saw this I just had to have it hehe :D Its very similar to the 5150, if not the same. I haven't played through the 1x12 but if its voiced the same then you can't go wrong!

Stratty316

Yeah, the 5150 combo was a tank! Part of the reason I let it go... The other part is that I have no use for 60w of tube power... Damn that thing was loud!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalmmm

t_rod

Thanks guys! Its really loud ^^, I don't think my neighbors are as excited as I am about it :p
About the weight, I feel its only proper that it weighs a ton because the tone is so heavy!

t_rod

Awesome amp. You could get a power attenuator to play at lower volumes and still sound great.

Thats going to be my next purchase. Thinking about getting a THD Hotplate, any opinions or suggestions?

t_rod

I believe you! But how effective is it in getting a good tone at "lower" volumes? Fortunately I can still play quite loud without disturbing my neighbors, but currently I haven't been able to crank the post gain past 2! Its so loud, even turned low, that my ears start ringing...

Having a blast with this amp though!

Thanks for all your replies!

Top Bottom