• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

stingray96191

It's here
The premier dealer network Classic. Ordered from BassCentral and delivered today!
It's white, and it's sort of gold.. It's gaudy but not as bad as I was expecting. FYI I love gaudy. I got this bass for a couple of reasons, passive stingray being the main one. And the fact that I'm a sucker for a new bass.
My only issue so far is that my nobs were not attached to the pots on arrival. I went to turn it over to look at the back and they all fell off and rolled everywhere. I'm just glad they didn't come off in shipping and rattle around. I'll try and get some pix up when I've attached all the knobs.
In the meantime thanks EBMM for making another killer axe
Erin
66aa5eac.jpg
92a4a24a.jpg
401310e1.jpg

Last edited:

stingray96191

Yes, it was very simple. Once I figured out where my wife had hidden my toolbox. It was like they were placed on the pot post, and just never fastened. Just a turn of the Allen key.. I'll post an update when I get it plugged in.

4play

So tell me...for the last inquiry EVER...is that an ebony board ?

MK Bass Weed

Eman,

Help us out..Plug it in..and tell me what the hell it sounds like Passive and you're noodling with the knob! Always wanted to know what that P/U sounds like passive...Give us the A/B and more photos if you have the time..

Thanks bud

stingray96191

I'll see if I can't get sOme audio recordings if I get a few minutes. Getting geared up for a larger gig tomorrow. I should have a few minutes to mess around with this one. The neck on this one has needed more tweaking than I was expecting, but Southern California to Florida to Pittsburgh , PA I don't know why I'm surprised.

stingray96191

So im Little zoom recorder didn't want to wake up for me, but I took Gilda up to the Attic for her "breaking in" And here is what i learned. Coming out of a 1200 watt head driving a 2x12 cabinet, and me sitting 2 feet away from it. i could not tell any useable change in tone, when i moved the knob for passive tone control. Pulling the knob for passive mode kind of just made it sound like i turned bass and treble to zero. It could have been the acoustics in the room, or the fact that i have been watching reruns of house all day.. I didn't have a different bass in the Attic at the time, but i can tell the change in tone in the passive mode, on my big al's and here It wasn't there. That said, it is still a great sounding bass. I have owned, and do own a few stingrays, but never a two band and never a classic. I decided to jump on this one after playing a classic, and enjoying the neck much more than the standard stingray neck. Its still second to the Big Al, or the Sterling, but its Better than the Modern Stingray. It feels more like My 1990 ray, than my 2002, and though they tell me the shapes are the same. I swear i can feel a difference. I got a couple more pictures of her in the attic, and this lady is much more interesting in low light than the sun. All of that said, if you like white, and you like stingrays.. It would be hard to go wrong with one of these Gilded White Beauties. I almost kind of hope mine has the wrong pot impedance so i could make the passive option more than just a boost. I will defiantly be playing with it a lot more in the coming weeks.
IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg

IMG_0624.jpg

IMG_0626.jpg

Erin

J Romano

Beautiful bass, congrats Erin!!! I am not a fan of gold hardware, that being said, gold on that beauty is stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!

Movielife

I'd check with CS just in case there is a bit of tweaking needed for the passive tone control. That colour, and the gold hardware, are truly stunning! I'm not a huge fan of gold, but I actually like that, a lot.

five7

all time sexiest ray! Congrats! You really have a colorful collection, very cool!

Top Bottom