• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

MMA_wannabe

Hello,

I'm trying to purchase Music Man Axis guitar but I have some doubts if it's the original one or not.
I have noticed that most of Music Man Axis guitars, don't come with two screw bolts on the back of the neck, so I was wondering were they manufactured in the past like this? The guitar is from 2010th.

According to serial number on the plate, the guitar is legit and can be found on music man serial number database.

Please excuse my ignorance, but I was not a Music Man player so far... After I've tried one, I'm definitely a wannabe!!! Here is the picture of the neck:

g5lh9nvjztw4vawx0uun.jpg

Can somebody please comment?
Thanks in advance!

PinkPanther

You have to distinguish the Axis and Axis Super Sport.
The Axis has got a Floyd Rose tremolo and so the locking saddle which is mounted with 2 Screws where the Axis Super Sport is equipped with the vintage tremolo (or strings-thru-the-body bridge) whitout a locking saddle.
No Floyd Rose, no locking saddle, no screws.

Are there some more pics available?

Last edited:

MMA_wannabe

Are there some more pics available?

Yes there are...
e2zrtl6ratt1zqvrnt7p.jpg

First of all thanks for fast reply!
It's not Super Sport model (no tone pot), it's Axis, but never the less I've seen lot of those guitars without screws on the back, even though they have Floyd rose style trem. For example on the following video:
Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Demo/Review - YouTube

and of course numerous of pictures on the web... So I'm wondering is this a neck from some other guitar or something?!

PinkPanther

A Gotoh FR locking nut is fixed with screws from the top whereas the "Original" FR is mounted with throughout screws.
Like Jamie M said, this neck is legit.

Billy Tennessee

I'm pretty sure the double-locking tremolo system has been changed and/or revised throughout the years. Axis models from the last few years have a locking nut without the screws. Older ones have the screws. Not sure exactly what year the change was made.

Daniel

Hello,

I'm trying to purchase Music Man Axis guitar but I have some doubts if it's the original one or not.
I have noticed that most of Music Man Axis guitars, don't come with two screw bolts on the back of the neck, so I was wondering were they manufactured in the past like this? The guitar is from 2010th.

According to serial number on the plate, the guitar is legit and can be found on music man serial number database.

Please excuse my ignorance, but I was not a Music Man player so far... After I've tried one, I'm definitely a wannabe!!! Here is the picture of the neck:

View attachment 36377

Can somebody please comment?
Thanks in advance!

Hi there,
Prior to 2012, the Axis came with a different Floyd Rose system which did have a nut that mounted through the neck. From what I can tell in the pictures this is a genuine Ernie Ball Music Man instrument.

Top Bottom