• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Anacharsis

Strange - when you look at the site for the Cutlass and Stingray, the two new colours are on , but all the others say discontinued... does that mean they are only doing them in 2 colours now?

I called today, and that's exactly what they told me - those two colors are the only ones for those models. I was also told the new St. Vincent colors will be announced later this year, but that it takes some time working with Annie. Looks like they're really backing off of the color range, if only temporarily - COVID being a real disruption.

TripHazard

Man that sucks, especially as they are pretty boring colours - although there is something timeless about tobacco.... no, it definitely looks pretty dull that one
That can’t be good for sales though can it?
I thought these models were two of the biggest sellers
Did they say it was COVID that was behind the limiting of colours?

Last edited:

Sweat

Please remember that COVID protocols and actual cases vary across the US, California is a super hot spot and has strict work protocols.

EBMM has to be working on a skeleton crew which causes production issues and no doubt a rescaling of what they are doing.

Just be happy they are able to do anything, plus like Pete said more too come. Luckily for me I went on a spree over the last few weeks so 2021 wont matter :)

Bungo

Hi all

First visit for a while, but keen to see what 2021 brings us on the EBMM front.

*Taps fingers on desk* :D

Edit: The Smoked Chrome on the bass on page 1 of this thread is fantastic!

Last edited:

Anacharsis

Did they say it was COVID that was behind the limiting of colours?
Yeah, that was the only reason cited. The extremity of California has a hot spot makes that completely plausible to me. I'm still a bit surprised that the website is left as ambiguous as it is, but there may be a method to the apparent madness. I guess we'll see.

Keno

Most companies are struggling to make ends meet. EBMM no exception during the pandemic.

I will order another L3 if you release a ´21 version. During 2020 I bought a few Suhrs, obviously a couple MM:s and as of this week I have a Lsl Custom on order. It's all love - love guitars, love my fav brands which MM is on the top. 2020 even F got a custom order on an "S" guitar which is unusual for me.

Let's make 2021 EBMM great!

jones4tone

Yeah, that was the only reason cited. The extremity of California has a hot spot makes that completely plausible to me. I'm still a bit surprised that the website is left as ambiguous as it is, but there may be a method to the apparent madness. I guess we'll see.

Where did they make a statement about it?

John C

Most companies are struggling to make ends meet. EBMM no exception during the pandemic.

I will order another L3 if you release a ´21 version. During 2020 I bought a few Suhrs, obviously a couple MM:s and as of this week I have a Lsl Custom on order. It's all love - love guitars, love my fav brands which MM is on the top. 2020 even F got a custom order on an "S" guitar which is unusual for me.

Let's make 2021 EBMM great!

The revised L3 didn't come out until late August; all 4 L3 colors and both L3 maple-top colors are not marked "color discontinued". If there will be any color changes for the L3 I suspect that won't happen until August/September again.

Keno

The revised L3 didn't come out until late August; all 4 L3 colors and both L3 maple-top colors are not marked "color discontinued". If there will be any color changes for the L3 I suspect that won't happen until August/September again.
You’re right about the L3. And I love the current offering. Have yet to try the new pickups but heard great things about them.

Qwik

Hey, I'm new to the forum. I have a Valentine that I really love and I've started to really have an interest in buying some more Music Man guitars.

I was just curious if the announcement at NAMM is it and we'll get future announcements during the year, or if there is more to come during NAMM.

My interest is really piqued.

BrickGlass

Man, I hate those "vintage" type colors on the Cutlass, or any other guitar for that matter. It just comes across as trying to copy Fender, whether that is the case or not. They just aren't unique looking in any way. That gator burst of the Sabre on the other hand....amazing, and far from the typical Fender look. More of that please.

dave1812

Man, I hate those "vintage" type colors on the Cutlass, or any other guitar for that matter. It just comes across as trying to copy Fender, whether that is the case or not. They just aren't unique looking in any way. That gator burst of the Sabre on the other hand....amazing, and far from the typical Fender look. More of that please.

me too
wouldn't it be easier to just offer the same colors for all models? I'd be fine with the new colors they got for the Stingray Basses on a JP or Silhouette :D

TripHazard

me too
wouldn't it be easier to just offer the same colors for all models? I'd be fine with the new colors they got for the Stingray Basses on a JP or Silhouette :D

Yeah, thats what I don't get. Say you are painting the Stingray bass in 8 colors, wouldn't it be best for slimming down stuff to just spray say the cutlass and stingray bodies the same colours as the bass? I'm sure there is an answer that explains it and makes sense but it leaves you wondering.

Top Bottom