• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

SpeakingToStone

No such thing. ;) That's what I love about EB/MM--each instrument plays identically but feels and sounds so different. The jp 15 7 is really dark and smooth (I put Sonic Ecstasys in there); The JP 15 Blueberry is bright as hell, so I put a crunch lab/liquifire combo in to mute it a bit); the tiger eye is simply perfect in every way--love the non-mirrored ebony; and the monarchy is so, so even and smooth--it almost doesn't feel like you're playing a guitar at all. I could keep going on and on . . . Each of these has a prominent place in my new Speaking to Stones cd. :)

SpeakingToStone

They each have their place. The Dreamcatcher/Rainmaker combo is by far the most balanced and versatile, and if I had the money, I'd put them in all my guitars. The SEs are VERY dark, like crazy over the top bass-y, which is cool if you can set up all your gear for them, but if you have to switch to a different guitar, you're basically screwed.

PanicAttack

Thanks for your thoughts. I had read that the SE's where bass heavy but didn't realise they that bass-y.
I was looking at getting a Monarchy, but may go for the 2019 Majesty as the pickups seem to be the only real difference.

Ben D

Wow, beautiful guitars and awesome musician. I have your stuff and enjoy your playing

Top Bottom