• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

mcro2430

That shell pink valentine is gorgeous. Would love a charcoal sparkle cutlass without the rosewood fretboard.

GWDavis28

Wow those Lukes are awesome!!! New Saber huh, bringing back on the original Music Mans, pretty cool.

Glenn |B)

jones4tone

I loved that Charging Green since I saw Danish Pete's Cutlass in that finish. That one's going to test me...

MrJJoncas

To be honest I'm pretty disapointed by the JP/majesty line up. Nothing new basicly. Missed opportunity to do a JP20/JPXX. There have been rumours of a few interesting prototypes of different 8 strings variation, JP8, multiscales Majesty (basicly some people have spoke with JP and that's what the man himself told them). I'm not expecting an 8 strings before JP use it for a song, but something new would have been cool. Just my opinion, the Sabre model looks really cool with some great finish combo !!

beej

Sabre- huh, interesting!

I'd be really interested to hear how the new MM pickups in the LIII stack up against the Transitions - they've become my favourite humbuckers these days. (I even put a set in my Steve Morse.)

The Shell Pink Valentine is also pretty neat.

And I have to say I'm really digging the look of the Joe Dart bass (even though that's not a new for NAMM model.)

bearreport

Was really hoping to see an alternative finish/top for the Richardson. Maybe a BFR someday?

jmmp

Well, the Sabre is exactly what I DIDNT need to be announced. Guess I’ve got to sell something to make room for one of those in blue moonstone. As long as they have SS frets?

Last edited:

DevRock

That Ember Glow Majesty is making movement happen in my pants. (in the front) That is PERFECT!!

LordRiffenstein

To be honest I'm pretty disapointed by the JP/majesty line up. Nothing new basicly. Missed opportunity to do a JP20/JPXX. There have been rumours of a few interesting prototypes of different 8 strings variation, JP8, multiscales Majesty (basicly some people have spoke with JP and that's what the man himself told them). I'm not expecting an 8 strings before JP use it for a song, but something new would have been cool. Just my opinion, the Sabre model looks really cool with some great finish combo !!

I agree for the most part though the new JP15 finish is alluring. I'd love to see a JP20. The new Luke pickups interest me, specifically the HSS as i wasn't crazy about the singles from dimarzio. The transition humbuckers are great though so those are big shoes to fill.

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
Nice, if not a big surprise, to see the Cutlass single coils in the LIII, we knew Luke had been gigging a Cutlass. My first seeing the Sabre was "nice, I don't think it will last" BUT I KNOW NOTHING. Hell, I said the same about the Cutlass, in fact I disliked it on first view. Not only was that a DUMB prediction but I also own one and love it! :)

lifeson1

Those Sabres are really incredible looking, didn't see that coming. I'm pretty happy that the JP line has 'simmered down' a bit. . . 1) I don't have the money to support it right now and 2) year after year there are models that keep dropping, or different variations on a theme. I'm glad there are new finish options, and nothing trying to 'one up' or change out a different model.

bearreport

Sterling is posting their new stuff to social media - new JP150s have ebony boards, stainless frets and DiMarzio pickups

Twitter

Really shrinking the gap between the JP15 and the JP150

Top Bottom