• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

spychocyco

Sterling is posting their new stuff to social media - new JP150s have ebony boards, stainless frets and DiMarzio pickups

Twitter

Really shrinking the gap between the JP15 and the JP150

I suspect they'll be shrinking the price gap a bit, too. That's got to bump the JP150 up near the $1K mark, if not over.

That blue moonstone Sabre definitely looks interesting. Might bear further investigation.

Keno

Glad to see the Luke is getting some love. Was expecting trapezoid inlays and bindings like the prototype Luke has used recently.

If the maple top is the only difference between the regular and BFRs I will go for a regular. Eager to try the new high output mics which I am sure will sound great. Also, am I the only one who thinks the HSS looks weird with the chrome humbucker and black single coils?

nathanhny

I see they've changed the body wood on the BFR Luke as well. Anybody have any experience with okoume wood?

Stratty316

Glad to see the Luke is getting some love. Was expecting trapezoid inlays and bindings like the prototype Luke has used recently.

If the maple top is the only difference between the regular and BFRs I will go for a regular. Eager to try the new high output mics which I am sure will sound great. Also, am I the only one who thinks the HSS looks weird with the chrome humbucker and black single coils?

The "Maple Top" L3 says it comes with an Okoume body with a maple top vs the standard L3 that says Alder body. I get a feeling that the BFR L3 has been replaced with the "Maple Top" model. That green on the "Maple Top" looks outstanding. Im also liking the Charger Green Cutlass (Danish Pete) and the Blue Moonstone Sabre guitars right now.

I do hope the Silhouette, Silhouette Special and AL get a little love this year. Great guitars, but as Han Solo said "I got a bad feeling about this".

GWDavis28

Did we lose any lines completely this year? Silhouette, Silo Spec... etc? Asking for a friend... lol

No word as of yet, hoping not. Would like to see with of those guitars get some love. Maybe, the new bridge or something.

Glenn |B)

Stratty316

No word as of yet, hoping not. Would like to see with of those guitars get some love. Maybe, the new bridge or something.

Glenn |B)

Roasted necks and a couple of new colors. At the same time, I get why they aren't getting the love that the Cutlass or other models are. Glad I have a Silo Spec...

jones4tone

Did we lose any lines completely this year? Silhouette, Silo Spec... etc? Asking for a friend... lol

BP certainly seemed like he might have been prepping us for that in his comment a couple days ago... And yes, I think they must be dropping the BFR moniker from any regular production guitar, ie the LIII BFR becoming the LIII Maple Top.

RAIN27

:(So bummed, was really hoping for a new Color for the JPXI .... Oh well

edhalen

The Sabre pics on FB are unbelievable. Those guitars are SCHAWEEEEET!!!! They have a "slightly wider" neck - which is great for my meat hook hands. I wonder what the neck profile is..... ?

beej

It must be somewhat disheartening to spend so much time coming up with new models and interesting technology, only to have people chime in with their disappointment about a lack of new colours ...

Any chance those whose wishes weren't granted could just keep that to themselves? ;)

RAIN27

It must be somewhat disheartening to spend so much time coming up with new models and interesting technology, only to have people chime in with their disappointment about a lack of new colours ...

Any chance those whose wishes weren't granted could just keep that to themselves? ;)
No problem

GWDavis28

Just saw this on FailBook.

83046241_2561627087400773_1404583150515912704_n.jpg

Glenn |B)

Top Bottom