• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Bill S

I have been fortunate to own a few good guitars over the years, not dozens, not spectacular, but they include a Gibson SG Special, a US Fender Strat, a very nice 1980 Gibson Flying V2 red sparkle, and decent Takamine acoustic.

Having lived with my first EBMM guitar for three weeks now - the JP6 featured in a separate recent thread - I have to say it oozes sheer quality. In terms of pure build quality, through to the fantastic feel of the neck and the stunning DiMarzios it is on a different level to the other guitars I own. A definite step up. Sure, it is a more expensive guitar, but I also feel that I am not paying such a high premium for the name - obviously those in the know appreciate Ernie Ball as a top notch brand, but it is not as well known or iconic as Gibson and Fender, and those brands can and do charge a premium for a badge. With Ernie Ball, a larger percentage of my money is being spent on the quality of instrument itself, if that makes sense.

The upshot is that it is inspiring me to improve as a player. With the JP6 in my hands, I almost feel it is demanding me not to just fall into the same habits and do what I always do but on a new guitar. The guitar deserves better, so I have started a structured daily practice routine, something I am embarrassed to say I have not done for years, if not decades! I have hooked up with Justin Guitar - his approach appeals to me. In particular I spent time going through his What and How to practice section and then setting up my own routine, which can all be saved on the site.

If anyone is looking for a way to improve, worth taking a look at Justin Guitar | JustinGuitar.com

NorM

spending time playing guitar when that is what you want to do is good quality life time.
Well done sir.
you inspire

bearreport

That's awesome to hear. I get a similar feeling playing my Majesty - this is the best playing guitar in the world, I have the responsibility to be the best player I can be. These things make playing absolutely INTOXICATING.

Tollywood

...a very nice 1980 Gibson Flying V2 red sparkle :cool:

....The guitar deserves better, so I have started a structured daily practice routine...

I’m happy to hear that your JP has inspired you to improve. What a great way to look at it. Enjoy!

edhalen

I echo what has been said here by all. I feel the same way about my EBMMs as well.

Top Bottom