• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

jones4tone

I hadn't gotten through it yet at the time I posted it, but I have now. It is a great interview, as Kasper said, and John is truly a humble man from all appearances. My musical tastes are pretty far from what John is known for, but I still learned several useful things about tone from watching that.

There was lots of love for EBMM in it from John, as you'd expect.

Norrin Radd

I hadn't gotten through it yet at the time I posted it, but I have now. It is a great interview, as Kasper said, and John is truly a humble man from all appearances. My musical tastes are pretty far from what John is known for, but I still learned several useful things about tone from watching that.

There was lots of love for EBMM in it from John, as you'd expect.

I've watched the whole thing now. Wow. That was really cool - and very informative. After watching this I completely adjusted the EQ on my Orange - what a huge difference! :)

So much of what he was explaining made absolute perfect sense in regards to tone, how the guitar is designed and made, how the amp should be set up. Was really instructive. Didn't do much to dampen my Artisan Majesty gas, that's for sure! :eek:

And Kudos to Lee for an excellent interview! :)

tonechaser1

Just Incredible! By far the best JP interview I have ever seen. I learned so much with this interview.

The Captain is obviously a great guitar retailer, businessman, player, and all around great guy. But, he is quickly becoming one of the best interviewers IMHO. Truly exceptional! JP seemed to really enjoy the experience as well. The Captain's PG interview is excellent also.

Can you imagine sitting in a pub with these two sharing a good meal and a pint or two, and just talking gear? Seems like it would be one of the best days ever. Two very cool and humble guys! They're passion for their respective crafts is very inspiring!

Last edited:

jones4tone

I've watched the whole thing now. Wow. That was really cool - and very informative. After watching this I completely adjusted the EQ on my Orange - what a huge difference!

Yeah, the bit on getting that tight crunch rhythm tone alone was worth the time spent watching, but I have a much better feel for JP as a result, also.

So far, it hasn't made me order a Boogie head!

agt

Can you imagine sitting in a pub with these two sharing a good meal and a pint or two, and just talking gear? Seems like it would be one of the best days ever. Two very cool and humble guys! They're passion for their respective crafts is very inspiring!

I couldn't have expressed this sentiment better! I just watched the first hour after work today. Totally amazing. What a great way to unwind.

Tomorrow after work I shall watch the second hour. I am so looking forward to it.

Thanks so much to the OP, jones4tone, for sharing this.

CaseyBall

Tai-Pan
Administrator
That was very enjoyable. More and more long-format content is getting better ie podcasts and youtube. John has always been a genuinely nice guy to everyone I've seen him talk to. Media, fans, randos, he's always courteous and fun.

KevTN

That video was cool. Kinda of like sitting in the living room having a chat with a couple friends diving into a subject we all love. I agree, also, the interviewer is getting better and more enjoyable.

tonechaser1

I couldn't have expressed this sentiment better! I just watched the first hour after work today. Totally amazing. What a great way to unwind.

Tomorrow after work I shall watch the second hour. I am so looking forward to it.

Thanks so much to the OP, jones4tone, for sharing this.

Thanks Man!

I just had an additional thought after re-watching the Captain Meets Paul Gilbert interview.

Add PG to the mix at the pub and it would be one of the best days ever, except you would wake up the next day with super sore sides from laughing so hard!

Fender_Champ

It was great to see this. I have been a fan of the Anderson's videos for years. A few weeks ago Danish Pete posted a pic of the interview on Instagram, so I have been patiently waiting. I was pleasantly surprised that it was 2x the normal interview length. JP is a great spokesman for the brand.

misterB

I loved how nothing seemed scripted whatsoever, it was just shoot from the hip. The Captain and John both seemed like they could've talked for hours. Great stuff.

Top Bottom