• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeong

It seems like JP chose this because it has a low profile yet wider string spacing like the floyd rose original. I recently bought a guitar with an OFR and love it, my fear of locking trems is gone!

Mariner-aaron

It seems like JP chose this because it has a low profile yet wider string spacing like the floyd rose original. I recently bought a guitar with an OFR and love it, my fear of locking trems is gone!

Certainly seems like it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dannymusic

I think you could put some cool stickers/pinstripes on it and really go retro 80s with it.

way to innovate modern/vintage

Gio_Force_One

If I already didnt have too many guitars with a floyd I would be ordering one of these. I really like the looks of the guitar.
such a cool colour

PBGas

That's an interesting statement considering you spent your first paragraph saying the people who don't like them don't know how to set them up ;)

If that makes you happy pointing that out, then great! Have a nice day! ;)

Dead-Eye

Not really happy. More confused that someone feels a need to attack people's abilities for having a different preference about a guitar, but maybe I'm just not spending enough time on gear forums to get that. Enjoy your JP16, I'm happy you can now get one that suits your needs.

MajtasticVoyage

Why is this thing $2200 bucks!

Based on your signature, it's clear you have an EBMM in your arsenal - otherwise I'd say go play an EBMM and you'll see why they cost what they do. But that ship has sailed... It is somewhat of a bummer that the JP guitars are significantly more expensive than the rest (my AL was like $1700). But no other guitar I've ever played has come close to the perfection of my JPs. I regret nothing. My Kiesels are excellent instruments as well, but there's just something ineffably fine (read: high-class) about the JPs. I already have my 16 pre-ordered, and I was initially put off by the features and way it looks (I neither love nor hate Floyds, but I LOVE the Music Man bridge).

I can't wait to feel the neck on this thing! I'm not crazy about ebony, but I'm sure that won't be a big deal.

I look forward to seeing more videos, reviews, etc for the 16. And a 7-string version in action. I already have a million 7s, so I'm still on the fence if I should just go 6.

Baggedcereals

Based on your signature, it's clear you have an EBMM in your arsenal - otherwise I'd say go play an EBMM and you'll see why they cost what they do. But that ship has sailed... It is somewhat of a bummer that the JP guitars are significantly more expensive than the rest (my AL was like $1700). But no other guitar I've ever played has come close to the perfection of my JPs. I regret nothing. My Kiesels are excellent instruments as well, but there's just something ineffably fine (read: high-class) about the JPs. I already have my 16 pre-ordered, and I was initially put off by the features and way it looks (I neither love nor hate Floyds, but I LOVE the Music Man bridge).

I can't wait to feel the neck on this thing! I'm not crazy about ebony, but I'm sure that won't be a big deal.

I look forward to seeing more videos, reviews, etc for the 16. And a 7-string version in action. I already have a million 7s, so I'm still on the fence if I should just go 6.

I love the jp16..don't get me wrong. Just the price point seems a little high for a non peizo and non painted headstock.

I love my Luke and agre its worth every penny.

killerburst

I love the jp16..don't get me wrong. Just the price point seems a little high for a non peizo and non painted headstock.

I love my Luke and agre its worth every penny.

I see your point. But if you compare to a non-piezo JP6 with signature inlays, then add ebony board, black hardware, roasted figured maple neck and the active preamp, it might make more sense. It's possible the Floyd adds to the cost, too.

Devnor

Great...just as I came to grips with the Petrucci trem they come out with a floyd version :)

Looks great. Thank you!

koogie2k

I happen to like it. JP wanted a Floyd and got a Floyd. Simple as that. If you like it - cool - buy it if you can. If not - cool - buy one of the other models that suits YOUR needs and what not.

Magic Jason

I'm so fed up with people complaining about this guitar not meeting THEIR wishes!

It wasn't made for YOU but for John Petrucci. People just have an opportunity to buy it. It is NOT an obligation!

I usually don't like JP models and this JP16 might be the one I most dislike.

But I just admire how many variations there is about this single guitar! Thanks EBMM.

These weeners should be forced to play a Gibson for a year!

Last edited:

MajtasticVoyage

First of all, let's be honest. These guitars are not just made for JP. No one NEEDS a new model every year. And if they were for him, why not release them as the need arises and his tastes change rather than at a yearly trade show meant to sell guitars to dealers? These guitars are built for the public. JP may fancy new options as a curiosity, but I'm positive if he were in any relationship with any other guitar manufacturer that sold fewer guitars, he would NOT be getting a new model every year... and then "Artisan" versions of said model or "reserve" models. Seriously: other than JP and maybe Bonamassa, who else gets hoards of "signature" models? But I'll digress.

Secondly, it DOES have a piezo. I don't know where BP in all his ingenuity hid the controls, but it's there. It's advertized in the copy for the guitar. Again, it's well-hidden, but if it says it's there, it's there. I mean, did you see the amazing control scheme of the Valentine guitar? These guys are bananas in the way they make everything come together!

I seriously can't wait. I really hope I don't have to wait until July again to get my hands on one having ordered it during NAMM, but it is what it is. They're getting about $8k of my dollars this year.

scooby61

First of all, let's be honest. These guitars are not just made for JP. No one NEEDS a new model every year. And if they were for him, why not release them as the need arises and his tastes change rather than at a yearly trade show meant to sell guitars to dealers? These guitars are built for the public. JP may fancy new options as a curiosity, but I'm positive if he were in any relationship with any other guitar manufacturer that sold fewer guitars, he would NOT be getting a new model every year... and then "Artisan" versions of said model or "reserve" models. Seriously: other than JP and maybe Bonamassa, who else gets hoards of "signature" models? But I'll digress.

Secondly, it DOES have a piezo. I don't know where BP in all his ingenuity hid the controls, but it's there. It's advertized in the copy for the guitar. Again, it's well-hidden, but if it says it's there, it's there. I mean, did you see the amazing control scheme of the Valentine guitar? These guys are bananas in the way they make everything come together!

I seriously can't wait. I really hope I don't have to wait until July again to get my hands on one having ordered it during NAMM, but it is what it is. They're getting about $8k of my dollars this year.

Your right I bet he only plays it on the next tour once a set if at all for advert purposes. He will probably continue playing majestys.

Illuminated

Hope to see John with the 16 live, (here where i live, in march, can't wait),: i noticed that he's using more and more the 15 lately: as in the Wacken concert.

joe web

nope, it does NOT have a Piezo!
check out the NAMM video, JP says, it does not have the piezo.

i guess the print on the homepage is wrong. maybe the guys at EBMM haven't seen this little passage on the sheet and maybe the release had to be done quick right to NAMM kick off....or for any other reason...

no word about a piezo here:

and the man says it:

and i still love the new JP16....but i guess the price point over here in germany will be at off my range at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom