• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Rbg

So it is out!
I really like it. It is nice to see/hear where that tune is from that Steve played on his old black sparkle L2 on the Twitter :).
My only problem is the recording quality. The dynamic range on the record is 5! It is very very low and absolutely painful to listen on any stereo other than Spotify Laptop/earplugs. Why are they doing it :( Mastering engineers, producers and munition gave up on us who seating and listening to albums on home hi-fi systems? (btw very similar and not much better goes for the new extreme SIX record).
What are your thoughts on the record and recording?

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
I'm really enjoying it, some classic Luke tunes here, featuring Simon Phillips, Lee Sklar, Shannon Forrest, Trev Lukather, and old songwriting buddies like Randy Goodrum and Stan Lynch, and of course David Paich and Joe Williams. It's VERY cool. Links...

And re quality, it's mastered a little louder than YouTube's distribution targets (last I checked was -14 LUFS) but not much, they are turned down only 3 to 4 db, so they're around -11 LUFS, which is more dynamic than Taylor Swift.

Last edited:

Rbg

Got a vinyl, absolutely impossible to listen, that’s how badly it is recorded! So I am not sure what all those loudness levels tell about sound quality in reality. I guess I will be listening on Spotify and AirPods while walking… that is very unfortunate as I really like the music.

Top Bottom