• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

danny-79

whoever played the the paint right off it.

I like the wording of that !
Who ever played the paint off it ! :)

My new bass. My job to play the paint off it.

Nothing against used basses most of mine are/were when I got them. That condition is also reflected in the price I paid 2-3x cheaper than new price

five7

It was hard to sell my stealth bongo that I wore the paint off of. People seem to only like certain distressed models.

danny-79

It was hard to sell my stealth bongo that I wore the paint off of. People seem to only like certain distressed models.

That’s totally different though it’s your history.
You never know it might find it’s way back again for a third time

Thunder139

Honestly, Cliff's playing is what got me playing bass. While my horizons have expanded beyond that of AC/DC, I found and stuck with the Stingray sound. I bought a 2010 SR Classic in Retro Burst because it was the closest I could get to that Stingray. The obsession part of me needs to know if and what differences there are between the Classics and the CW signature model, aesthetics aside.

As a side note, after getting one of the SR 4HH Specials from the Vault this summer, it made me appreciate the Classic's sound even more. The Classic and the Special each give a very specific range of sounds and I'm thrilled to have them both at my fingertips. My classic turns 10 years old in 10 days and still sounds amazing :)

Oh, I think there will be additions to the collection this year!

Last edited:

Golem

Got some REAL relics ... basses with visible evidence that schidt happinz.

One is a wonderful Sterling Hp FL4. The schidt that happent is a horrid refin.

Another is a violated ‘88 SR4 with maple FB. Body paint is “properly” wearing off, but defret neck looks nearly new ... if you ignore the black filler where the frets “fell off” :)

Then there’s my wonderful trans orange SR Hp FL5 with regions of the finish held on by Super Glue. For lack of a primer layer, trans finishes are vulnerable to finish adhesion problems resulting from minor traumas. Still looks okay from 5 ft away.

Got a Boingo Hp4 looking a bit weirder than other Boingos due to an ergonomic improvement.

Real authentic loss of newness is no simple matter of dragging an ax thru the outback behind an ATV. Thaz really just sooooo toadally bogus !!!

Last edited:

strummer

Enormous Member
I personally think that this is the coolest bass ever, though I dont think I will ever be able to afford one. This is not just a relic job, it's a full recreation of Cliffs #1 bass. Look at that non matching string ferrule, look at the neck wear (moslty bottom edge!) or any of the other little details, just wonderful:)
Also, all proceeds going to the Alzheimer Association is an amazing thing.

Top Bottom