• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Morrow

Hello...this is just a quick post to introduce myself. I live in Halifax , Nova Scotia and work in the daytime as a commercial photographer and by night as a bassist.I didn't know this forum existed untill I stumbled accross it while visiting Camp Bovine via the Dudepit.I first started playing when I was in grade 6 and have been gigging since the early 70's and have always done blues, traditional R&B, and roots stuff.I got away from pop music when Cream and Zep were going and got lost in the Chess stuff.Today I listen to almost everything. I play upright as well and get the odd bluegrass gig.( it is really enjoyable to drive a nice bluegrass band) My wife gave me a Stingray a couple of years ago when I turned 50. She knew I had always wanted one but always had Fenders laying around the house.I spend most of my practice time on that bass .It is probably the nicest feeling bass I own. Fourstring honeyburst rosewood, three band eq.... gorgeous .I am still actively playing in a number of lineups but rarely travel any more. I think I enjoy playing more now than I ever did but I only do gigs that I think I will enjoy. Thankfully the phone still rings.

Morrow

I tend to just buy one bass a year and I think my wife would like to see a Rickenbacker in the house. Although she doesn't play she can identify most basses and guitars. I think she finds the Bongo a little funny looking but I have grown to like them after some initial misgivings. I have also been looking at G&L 2500's and the Bongos. The last two to make it in the door were Fenders (51 re-issue and a JazzV). I never really know what will be next untill the moment hits. Could go any way....but I guess the inevitable is inevitable.

nickyB

Heys guys, I too am new here, I have been playing bass for 4 years and i play a natural Stingray, I am a funk rock bassist mostly but i like to play many styles.
Anyway just thought i would say hi! I look foreward to my time posting here!

nickyB

Top Bottom