• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Axis Sport

Picked up a great deal from GC used on this 90's Silhouette. I have a SN request into CS as there is different dates listed on the guitar. I think it is a 95, but will see what they say. It is a trans white, but very much a Mary Kay White with rosewood board and awesome birdseye maple neck. The neck is gloss finished, not sure if that is original or if someone had it done, but looks pro. Nice grain on the body and looks to be one piece ash. Not the original pickups in the picture, but the originals where in the case as well as knobs etc. which surprised me, I knew when I bought it from the pictures at GC.com they had been replaced.

Below is what I have been able to pull from the guitar after taking it apart and giving it a good cleaning.

Neck date Jan-8-1992
Body date Feb-8-1994
Color listed at WHT.T in neck pocket
Initials on the neck look to be JB and maybe KD. Closer to the neck pocket it looks like SPCA, all in pencil
The tone pot has a white sticker on it with the date of Nov. 13th 95 and the initials RSB

Guitar looks new, but does have a little fret wear. Has the recessed plate, which I always liked. Great player and got a great deal as the sales guy at GC was concerned about a tiny finish crack in the neck pocket, but very small and no big deal to me and he knocked off $100 bucks without me even trying.

Attachments

• SL-6.jpg
    SL-6.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 191
  • SL-5.jpg
    SL-5.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 194
  • SL-4.jpg
    SL-4.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 190
  • SL-3.jpg
    SL-3.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 164
  • SL-2.jpg
    SL-2.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:

Axis Sport

This is what CS came up with for the guitar, maybe a NAMM show guitar? Interesting that it has a 92 neck, 94 body and 95 on the tone pots. Where they doing gloss on the necks back then or maybe that is original as well.

This Silhouette was completed on November 17th, 1995. The color comes up in the database as "Special" which just means it was something different from our standard offerings. It has the Rosewood fretboard. It was originally shipped to our Marketing Department.

Attachments

• Silo 5.jpg
    Silo 5.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 151
  • Silo 4.jpg
    Silo 4.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 192
  • Silo 3.jpg
    Silo 3.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:

Wahoonc

Gloss on the neck? Don't think so, but that was a little bit before my fandom.

Oh, and nice guitar!

Axis Sport

Gloss on the neck? Don't think so, but that was a little bit before my fandom.

Oh, and nice guitar!

Customer Service said the below and stated something different from their standard offering so seems to be a possibility, looks original to me, but who knows.

This Silhouette was completed on November 17th, 1995. The color comes up in the database as "Special" which just means it was something different from our standard offerings. It has the Rosewood fretboard. It was originally shipped to our Marketing Department.

Top Bottom